We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest your Inca Trail tour company please

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
reviews: 35
Suggest your Inca Trail tour company please

Husband and I are looking to book a 4 night trek over US thanksgiving in November. We're willing to pay may & have a nicer experience. It would be great if they also would assist in coordinating the whole trip & tours in other cities in Peru.

Thanks!

1. Re: Suggest your Inca Trail tour company please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, March 20, 2013
Houston, Texas...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Suggest your Inca Trail tour company please

Thanks for taking the time to respond..I was just looking for a quick start to planning our trip & didn't see this set of review for tour operators

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294314-Activiti…

Lima, Peru
reviews: 3
3. Re: Suggest your Inca Trail tour company please

The reviews are a good source to to start a research However I would avoid First time reviewers who are usually Spammers...

Chelmsford, United...
4. Re: Suggest your Inca Trail tour company please

First time reviews are sometimes spam but not always. Everyone has to write their first review sometime. It is an unfortunate truth though that some people write review of themselves to promote their company, it's also unfortunate that the reverse happens and people write negative reviews to spite the competition.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 5
5. Re: Suggest your Inca Trail tour company please

We used Pachamama Explorers and they were very responsive to all the questions I had throughout the process and we were very pleased with them. Enjoy.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
6. Re: Suggest your Inca Trail tour company please

We used Llama Path for the Inca Trail & recommend them highly.

They can coordinate the rest of your trip, but I have did not used them for that, so can't actually recommend. I booked the remainder of our itinerary myself, online. Very easy to do.

In addition to reviews, you can search the Peru forum for recommendations. Just put "Inca Trail agencies" or the name of a particular agency in the search box (center, above the topic list). Asking this on the Peru forum, rather than Machu Picchu or Cusco sub-forums will give you the most hits, as many people do not post to a precise sub-forum. You will see all of them that way.

www.theoptimistictraveler.com

7. Re: Suggest your Inca Trail tour company please

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, March 20, 2013
8. Re: Suggest your Inca Trail tour company please

Removed on: 8:36 pm, March 20, 2013
Edited: 8:36 pm, March 20, 2013
Chelmsford, United...
9. Re: Suggest your Inca Trail tour company please

#7 and #8 I'd agree, tripadvisor is broken though. How many of the reviews on here are actual reviews and how many are fake ones. In the same way, how many people on this forum who answer questions do not have interests in Peru.

And as #8 mentions, there seems to be a lot of 'suspicion, back biting, xenophobia etc etc' going - but we're on the internet so it's not really a surprise.

If we're playing by the rules then I can personally recommend Alpaca Expeditions who I did the Salkantay Trek with last June and Llama Path who I did the Socma to Cachicata trek with in Feb. They both provided a great service and I had no complaints with either of them. Having had a good experience with Alpaca Expeditions I'm probably going to do the Inca Trail again with them this September.

nova scotia canada
reviews: 1
10. Re: Suggest your Inca Trail tour company please

Myself and 2 friends went with Gadventures in April 2012.... They were excellent, I can't say enough good about them. The food was awesome, our guide Luis was extremely knowledgeable about his country and a great guy. Happy travels you are sure to have a grand time in Peru, I would go back in a heart beat ...