We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're doing the Inca Trail and have a few questions

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bethesda, md
reviews: 301
We're doing the Inca Trail and have a few questions

We are very excited to hike the Inca Trail, my husband, college age son and myself are doing the 4 day hike with an outfitter who has gotten great reviews, including here. Because we are hiking and camping, we're not sure how we will charge our digital cameras. Phones, etc. are staying behind- so have you bought extra batteries or is there something I'm missing for cameras?

Also, any other tips you may have, I welcome them! Thanks so much,

Rachel

Chorley, United...
reviews: 37
1. Re: We're doing the Inca Trail and have a few questions

We are just taking extra charged up camera batteries, not going to bother using my mobile on the trek as it will be nice not to have to for 4 days.

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 143
2. Re: We're doing the Inca Trail and have a few questions

There are personal solar battery rechargers available for purchase but they may cost more than an extra battery or two!

One tip is to reduce the drain on your camera battery thru various settings and the way you use it...like not reviewing your photos at night...I know it's hard but it helps!

You could email your provider and ask if they set up any battery recharge stations along the way.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
3. Re: We're doing the Inca Trail and have a few questions

I bought an extra camera battery for travel. With my camera, a fully-charged battery will last several days. And agree with above post to reduce the drain on the battery. Also with my camera, if I turn off the view on the back of the camera & only use the viewfinder to compose a shot, the battery lasts much longer.

At the campsite for night 3, Winay Wayna, you can charge batteries in the bar if there is an available outlet, but you should stay near the outlet, as many people will be trying to do the same.

4. Re: We're doing the Inca Trail and have a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 27, 2014