We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour guide at MP and current climate?

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
reviews: 18
Tour guide at MP and current climate?

Good afternoon

We're 3 ladies and a toddler traveling next week to MP. I've read several postings where folks feel rushed by their tour guides and some have even suggested hiring a tour guide once in MP. My question is what is the average cost of hiring a tour guide AT MP? Also I have already seen mixed reviews about traveling with a toddler that I am very aware of. I will be traveling with a hiking carrier and a "toddler leash". This is my main reason to want to hire a tour person on site. I don't want to be rushed by a group of 15-20 people.

Secondly, I'm from NYC; its freezing here lately. 27 degrees F. I understand its cold this time of year with rain. Is it NY cold (humid) or is it dry cold like the west coast? I'm packing clothing for us in layers, along w hiking boots and rain boots for the little one.

Any additional suggestions? And no bashing please regarding traveling with a toddler. I've checked with his pediatrician and remaining positive. Thank you in advance for any helpful advice.

:)

Cusco, Peru
reviews: 43
11. Re: Tour guide at MP and current climate?

I have always seen many guides at the entrance, but never used one so I am unsure of the cost.

Edited: 5:57 pm, January 05, 2013
12. Re: Tour guide at MP and current climate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, January 07, 2014