We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About buying bus and MP entrance tickets in AC

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
reviews: 92
About buying bus and MP entrance tickets in AC

I apologize in advance for bringing up this topic again, but I don't want to misunderstand and then mess up our visit to MP in late August! !! It sounds like it's very convenient to get the tickets in AC for the bus from AC to MP and also for the entrance tickets to MP. Our question has to do with the business hours of the ticket office in AC: how early does it open and how late does it stay open? We will have gotten to AC in the late afternoon for our early morning visit to MP the next day. If the office is closed by the time we arrive in AC, can we still count on getting both sets of tickets in the early morning, for an early bus to the ruins that same morning? Thank you for your help & our apologies again for repeating this topic!

Lima, Peru
reviews: 1
1. Re: About buying bus and MP entrance tickets in AC

Hi there,

For the bus tickets there would be no problem to buy them as early as 06:00am, for the Mp tickets I not sure about how early the of open but if they open let`s say at 8:00 you would missed the chance to go to the HP mountain.

take care

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
2. Re: About buying bus and MP entrance tickets in AC

They open at 5AM B4 the buses start up each day till late in the evening

Have personally bought them from the cultural center on the Plaza at

AC a little after 5AM 126 soles exactly then $7 to bus up to MP...

walk down or $14 RT for bus...

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 143
3. Re: About buying bus and MP entrance tickets in AC

Late afternoon should still be okay less risky than 5am. You need to be in line at 5am for the busses. I think you can also buy the bus tix ahead.

Hermosa Beach...
reviews: 4
4. Re: About buying bus and MP entrance tickets in AC

I had the exact same question. I just googled it and found that the ticket office in Aguas is open 5:15 am to 7pm.

Minnesota
reviews: 92
5. Re: About buying bus and MP entrance tickets in AC

Thank you very much for your helpful replies. We will arrive in AC around 6 PM the evening before, so I think we will try to get the tickets that evening. If we have time in Cusco, we will probably try to get the entrance tickets to MP there and even see if we can go to the Perurail office to exhange our train tickets for an earlier return train from MP. Again, thank you very much for the very helpful information!

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 3
6. Re: About buying bus and MP entrance tickets in AC

Quo Vadis, thanks for your posts. Can I ask you directly questions that are puzzling me. (1) Is the bus ticket from AC to MP available only in dollars (i.e., we'll need $28 round trip for the two of us) or soles only or perhaps either? (2) we're arriving AC in the am with a tour, returning in the evening and staying the night, hoping to go up the next day to MP for a second visit: how do we purchase entrance tickets in AC for the second day when we will be arriving back in AC probably close to 6 pm on the first day? Is the cultural center open that late? (3) I've read that we need 126 soles each for entrance and that they don't make change. So If I show up with 260 soles is it possible that they won't sell me ANY tickets (people are sometimes pretty stupid!); will I have to have exactly 252 soles? I'm willing to forego change for small amounts. Thanks in advance. Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated.

new york
reviews: 24
7. Re: About buying bus and MP entrance tickets in AC

We just returned. We were on the first train that arrived in AC from Olly. I was able to purchase my tickets for MP and the bus as soon as we arrived. Many people do. You just follow the crowd. There is alwys someone to help you all over even if you get lost. Before I left I had the same concerns. No problem. Enjoy your trip. Take bug spray!!!!

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
8. Re: About buying bus and MP entrance tickets in AC

Ticket office is open late. Don't know exact hours -- or if there are exact hours. But many people have gotten tix at 7:30 or later.

Bus tickets can be purchase in either US $$ or Peruvian soles.

MP tickets only in soles. Don't know the answer to the "exact change" question -- I think it is more that they often run out of change & can't make change. So the closer to the exact amount you have, the better.

9. Re: About buying bus and MP entrance tickets in AC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 15, 2011