We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour from Ollanta to Cusco?

Which Sacred Valley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 6
Tour from Ollanta to Cusco?

We will be 2 persons, staying in Olly 3 nights and then departing, on a Sunday for Cusco. We would like to do a tour as part of the transfer from Olly to Cusco. I would like to see Moray, Maras/Salineras and Pisac, ending in Cusco.

1) Has anyone done this in a day. Is it possible? It looks possible on Google maps but so far all the places I have contacted are suggesting to do these as separate day tours (but I think they may be including Chinchero? I have re-emailed to clarify.)

2) How much should we expect to spend (with a guide) for a private tour like this?

Thanks in advance for your help/advice!

4 replies to this topic
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
1. Re: Tour from Ollanta to Cusco?

I always recommend to contact sacredtransport@gmail.com , Carmela can organize a taxi for transport and tour on the way.

Ask for quote before you do the booking to ensure you are in accordance with the cost.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
2. Re: Tour from Ollanta to Cusco?

We tried to do Pisac, Moray, and Maras all in one day, starting and ending in Ollantaytambo. Initially we were going to just see Pisac but our hotel said we could see them all. They were wrong. It was a lot of driving. The road to Moray was not paved and the driver had to go very slow.Moray and Maras are near each other and near Chinchero but not near Pisac. By the time we got to Pisac it was afternoon. We stopped for lunch and then had time for about an hour to walk around the upper ruins and then we had to start driving back to Olly. We never got to see the market or town of Pisac and I was hoping to walk around more of the ruins. So you can do it, but your visit to Pisac will probably be cut a little short.

San Francisco...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Tour from Ollanta to Cusco?

wes032 - do you think the trip would've been easier if you did not return to Ollanta but ended in Cusco? That is our plan...Also, how long do you need to see Moray and Salineras? Is 30 mins each enough?

I don't mind a long day as long as it is relaxed-pace BUT we will be in MP the day before so maybe we should just pick one? We do plan to have 2 leisurely days in Cusco after (I know we could do Pisac from there but I'd rather not leave town those 2 days)

If you had to skip one and only do Pisac or Moray/Salineras (but add in Chinchero) - which would you pick? I feel like Moray and Salineras offer something a little different whereas Pisac is ruins like Olly and MP but I was told I'd be missing out to skip Pisac? What does Pisac offer that you don't get at Olly and MP?

Thanks again all!

P.s. xochitl - thanks for the tip, Carmela has already given me a reply and can do the tour but does say it will be a long day so, we have some deciding to do.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
4. Re: Tour from Ollanta to Cusco?

It might have saved half an hour. Ollanta is an hour from Pisac. Cusco is maybe 30 minutes. It was not a particularly long day. Our problem was we'd agreed wit the driver for 8 hours so that's all we had. We definitely go at a slow, relaxed pace. We also had a nice sit down lunch which took an hour.

If I absolutely had to skip one I'd probably skip Moray. It was neat but it's a small site at the end of a long dirt road. It took as much time to get there and back as to see. We did that first and took our time walking around. We probably spent an hour. In hindsight if I'd known how the rest of the day would have gone, we would have taken less time. We spent at most half an hour at Maras. You could really do that in just 5-10 minutes if you wanted or you could spend 45 minute. It's a matter of how much time you want to walk around the pools.

I would not skip Pisac since it's such a major site. Olly's fortress was neater and MP is a beautiful setting, but Pisac also had a beautiful setting. We wished we'd had some more time to walk around. But we like historical sites and I'm an engineer and liked looking at all the stone walls at all the sites trying to figure out how the heck anyone could have built them with hand tools.

If you've only got the day, I'd say try to fit them all in. Pisac will be last so watch your time in Moray and Maras. Maybe try to have a quick lunch. Figure on 10-12 hours if you can instead of 8.

Reply to: Tour from Ollanta to Cusco?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted