We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lima

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, Scotland
reviews: 3
Lima

Hi

I am going to Peru for 3 weeks in February, My first week will be in Lima, can anybody give me any decent do's and don'ts. Will be on my own.

Thanks

Illinois
reviews: 8
1. Re: Lima

DO stay in Miraflores or Barranco. Much nicer areas of the city.

DO visit the Larco Museum. Small, but really nice. The storeroom is mind-blowing.

If you're interested in archeology, DO take a tour to the Pachacamac temples.

DO have your hotel arrange your airport pick-up. Most flights get in late.... customs took a long time to get through and it's nice to have a driver waiting for you.

DON'T hail taxis on the street. Many are unofficial, of questionable safety (in terms of both the condition of the car... and there are reports of taxi drivers robbing/kidnapping passengers. As I was a femal travelling alone, I heeded these warnings and cautioned on the safe side). Have your hotel or restaurant, etc. call an official taxi for you. -- Better yet, I used 1 driver the whole time I was in Lima. The driver the hotel sent for me wound up dropping me off and picking me up for everything I needed in Lima.

If you are flying internally in Peru, DO use LAN. Exceptional service. There was a huge line checking in with LAN at the Lima airport, I couldn't believe how quickly and efficiently they checked everyone in. You also do not need to reconfirm with LAN if you are ticketed.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
2. Re: Lima

Check the Peru and Lima inside pages on this forum for more info.

Edinburgh, Scotland
reviews: 3
3. Re: Lima

Choochooperu,

Many thanks for your reply, will take that on board, Thanks Gordon

4. Re: Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 21, 2009