We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage in Lima that's not the airport

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 28
Luggage storage in Lima that's not the airport

My husband and I have about 8 free hours in Lima from the time we arrive at the airport to when we have to be at a bus station in the center of the city (Movil Tours, near Stadium Nacional). We would like to spend that time touring the city center (historic areas) on foot, and would need to store our luggage somewhere. I know there are lockers at the airport, but it would be very inconvenient to go back to the airport to pick them up, as it's the opposite direction of the bus station. We've heard that there are no lockers at the bus station either. I have been searching and emailing hostels in the area to see if there are luggage rooms available but so far no luck. Anyway have ideas for where we might store our luggage for a few hours in that area?

5 replies to this topic
california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 143
1. Re: Luggage storage in Lima that's not the airport

Maybe if you rent a hostel bed at a place with luggage storage?

The Sheraton is the biggest hotel near the downtown, maybe they would be more likely to help you.

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 143
2. Re: Luggage storage in Lima that's not the airport

I had another thought, there are a few museums near the Plaza de Armas, luggage storage is not necessarily a secure locker, but try the old train station that is now a literature museum or the Gastronomy museum.

sandycreek
reviews: 5
3. Re: Luggage storage in Lima that's not the airport

did you find anything - we are faced with the same problem- arriving 3pm and leaving 10.30 - how do you plan to fill the time?

Cusco, Peru
reviews: 13
4. Re: Luggage storage in Lima that's not the airport

I would try and check in to a really cheap hostel and sump your things there. There really isn't anywhere that you can leave your things. you wouldn't want to go back to the airport especially with Lima's traffic.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 28
5. Re: Luggage storage in Lima that's not the airport

Hi Guys,

I was looking into hostels in the area and I corresponded with one, 1900 Backpacker's Hostel which is near the historical city center. They have free short term luggage storage, or at the very least we could pay a little bit. I told them our situation and they said it would be fine to drop our luggage off there and pick it up! I was also told that Hotel Espagna, in the same area, can keep our bags in their bodega - this is a more upscale hotel (not a hostel) so I'd assume it would be safe there. These two options work well for us so, if one doesn't work out we'll try the other.

Reply to: Luggage storage in Lima that's not the airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted