We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jockey Club - to bus or not to bus, that is the question ?

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
buenos aires...
reviews: 81
Jockey Club - to bus or not to bus, that is the question ?

This afternoon, I saw a bus in Centro Miraflores that had large signs for The Jockey Club Shopping Mall and the Hard Rock Cafe, which is located in the mall. I'm wondering if this large bus was a regular sightseeing bus or a shuttle bus to the forementioned shopping center? If it is a shuttle bus, where does it stop in Miraflores.? If it's a sightseeing bus, forget it.Is there an easy way to get there by bus?

6 replies to this topic
Cusco, Peru
reviews: 11
1. Re: Jockey Club - to bus or not to bus, that is the question ?

Take a cab, from Miraflores it is about 15 Soles and takes 20 minutes. Don't go during peak traffic!

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 137
2. Re: Jockey Club - to bus or not to bus, that is the question ?

I once saw a similar bus in front of Larcomar, I wondered the same thing. Maybe the people at the tourist info kiosk would know.

London
reviews: 105
3. Re: Jockey Club - to bus or not to bus, that is the question ?

We went to Jockey Plaza last month. We jumped on the Metropolitano at Balta in Barranco about 8 stops to Javier Prado, crossed over the bridge to the opposite side and got a collectivo which dropped us outside the Plaza. In all, it took 30 mins and was pretty straightforward. It would obviously take less time from Miraflores.

We did ask at the tourist info kiosk in Larcomar about the shuttle bus but were told the wasn't one. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't !

If your primary reason for going is to visit HRC, don't bother as it was the most pathetic example I have seen anywhere in the world.

buenos aires...
4. Re: Jockey Club - to bus or not to bus, that is the question ?

Please excuse my ignorane, but was does HRC mean?

London
reviews: 105
5. Re: Jockey Club - to bus or not to bus, that is the question ?

HRC = Hard Rock Cafe - referred to in the original post.

buenos aires...
6. Re: Jockey Club - to bus or not to bus, that is the question ?

Thanks. I never eat at HRC's; can never be that hungry However, the one in Belo Horizonte, Brazil is in a building that is truly unbelievble.

Reply to: Jockey Club - to bus or not to bus, that is the question ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted