We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lima Property--JW Marriott or Hilton

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roseville...
reviews: 2
Lima Property--JW Marriott or Hilton

Is there anyone that has actually stayed at BOTH of these properties? I know it is a long shot given that the Hilton is a fairly new property. Also, if you are loyal to one brand over another, you typically stay loyal to that brand.

I am holding reservations for 5 days at both right now...first part of November. Both properties have really great reviews. I am Plat w/Marriott and Diamond with Hilton, although this is probably the last year I will have status at both properties. But I will likely experience the perks/amenities that both hotels have to offer--if we can just decide which hotel.

Any information would be most helpful....

Thank you.

Dawn

Cusco, Peru
reviews: 13
1. Re: Lima Property--JW Marriott or Hilton

For me the Marriott is another class. Great location too.

Cusco, Peru
reviews: 28
2. Re: Lima Property--JW Marriott or Hilton

Both are nice hotels but I do feel that the Marriott is of a higher level - also the location of the Marriott is unbeatable - make sure you have a room with Ocean View!!!

Hope this helps!!

Lima, Peru
reviews: 14
3. Re: Lima Property--JW Marriott or Hilton

All Rooms at the JW Marriot in Lima have ocean views! one of the nice perks about this place which I agree is the better option here.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 85
4. Re: Lima Property--JW Marriott or Hilton

maybe marriott due to location.

Both have websites, true pictures of the rooms, secure on line booking with a credit card, they answer e mails promptly, and have reasonable cancellation time policies.

Things I look for in a place to stay.

Roseville, CA
reviews: 6
5. Re: Lima Property--JW Marriott or Hilton

Thank you! The Marriott it is then!

Dawn

Lima, Peru
6. Re: Lima Property--JW Marriott or Hilton

Yes the location of the Marriott directly at the malecon is unbeatable; but in November you might not be lucky with the weather and look 5 days into the humid mist of Miraflores. And even though the Marriott is a nice 5 star hotel, for me it feels old fashioned and cold, the staff is generally speaking ok. Sorry!

I've been to the HIlton just three days ago and I was stunned. Very nice and warm 5 star hotel with friendly and attentive staff making you feel welcome. All the amenities are of course brand new. It's not directly at the Ocean front, but only a 5 minute walk away.

Miraflores
7. Re: Lima Property--JW Marriott or Hilton

Well I live in Lima and would also go to the Hilton over the Marriott, due to location,weather and the Hilton's restaurants. Not to mention last time I was at a suite in the Mariott it was pretty run down.

London - The city I...
reviews: 8
8. Re: Lima Property--JW Marriott or Hilton

JW Marriott has been modernised recently and it is lovely . Marriott any time for me but what not split your time between the Marriott and the Hilton and let us know ? . Sure we can all benefit from your contributions .

Edited: 9:54 pm, March 25, 2013
Roseville, CA
reviews: 6
9. Re: Lima Property--JW Marriott or Hilton

While it sounds like a good idea (split time between the two), it simply is not feasible.

By the time we get to Lima, we will have already moved three times! We are starting in Sacred Valley, the MP, then Cusco, and then Lima.

This is not how we travel. However, we are making an exception given the prize (MP). We are used to getting on a cruise ship for 14+ days, packing/unpacking once. Or, we'll go to one country for one week and a neighboring country for the 2nd week. So the thought of adding one more packing/unpacking, checking in/checking out, well, we are just going to pick one of these fine hotels and be thrilled for the experience.

I'm leaning toward Marriott.

Thanks all!

Dawn

10. Re: Lima Property--JW Marriott or Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 28, 2014