We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Miraflores hotel?

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 4
Which Miraflores hotel?

My husband and I will arrive in Lima from Cusco early on a Friday morning (8.30) and depart the following evening approx 7pm. Whilst in Lima we would like to take a tour of the historic center, see the water park fountains, and maybe walk the coastal boardwalk in Miraflores.

My budget for one night in a hotel in Miraflores is USD $150-$200 - a great location that is walkable to bars and restaurants is more important to us than 5* facilities. Any recommendations?

I would also welcome restaurant suggestions for a memorable dinner for our only night there.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 22
1. Re: Which Miraflores hotel?

I stayed at Los Girasoles hotel which wasn't too far from restaurants. It was about 15 minutes walk to the waterfront and 15-20 minutes to the Indian market. It was far from downtown Lima though.

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Which Miraflores hotel?

Thanks for your reply, I'll check that out. Any other suggestions?

New York City, New...
reviews: 113
3. Re: Which Miraflores hotel?

I took a one day tour with Renato from Taxi Lima Peru and saw the Miraflores baordwalk, San Isidoro, the historic downtown, Barranco and other areas. Highly recommend.

http://www.taxilimaperu.com/

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 85
4. Re: Which Miraflores hotel?

radisson, marriott

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 39
5. Re: Which Miraflores hotel?

I also stayed at Los Girasoles and thought it was good too, though it is prob at the lower end of your budget. I also stayed at the Mariel.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g294316-d456…

The Mariel rooms were a bit smaller than Los Girasoles, but it was slightly better located , opposite the indian market which is great for shopping. Super friendly staff, but again, you might want something more upmarket....

For a memorable restaurant, I'd vote for the restaurant at the huaca pucllana ruins -

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g294316…

Or we enjoyed Panchita as well. But really, I didn't have a bad meal in over a week in Lima (thanks TA!).

6. Re: Which Miraflores hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, January 27, 2013
7. Re: Which Miraflores hotel?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:59 pm, January 28, 2013
Montreal
reviews: 83
8. Re: Which Miraflores hotel?

I was in Lima in Nov-Dec and we stayed at the JW Marriott which was very well located. Rates vary greatly but with AAA rebate we got the hotel right around 160$. You can't really get better location as it's overlooking the ocean and walking distance to some of the great restaurants like Central.

9. Re: Which Miraflores hotel?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 30, 2014