We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area in Miraflores for action & safety?

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
reviews: 14
Best area in Miraflores for action & safety?

Now I need help finding the right place in Miraflores!!

I am bringing my 14 year-old daughter and she has traveled all over the world, she is quite comfortable stepping outside a hotel and taking a brief walk to an internet cafe, a coffee shop, maybe a grocery store or a bookstore...something nearby, maybe 50 meters away. Anyway, I don't want her to feel like a prisoner in the hotel, I want her to be able to walk around by herself in daylight in a safe area that has a lot of action, meaning cafes, etc.--like Paris.

What is the best and safest area...streetwise? I understand there isthe area over by Larco Mar area and also the area by Parque Kennedy...which is the better area for cafes, magazine/book stores, internet cafes,art galleries, clothing shops, street musicians, --you know the kind of places.

I have a map of Miraflores and I can mark out all the areas by street.

We are okay to stay in a Hostel or a B & B or an Inn, daughter would like her own single room, if possible. Not a lot of loud, noisy, drunken college kids, though!

Thanks a lot!!!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 318
1. Re: Best area in Miraflores for action & safety?

I would stay at La castellana which is well located but away from all the noise around parque Kennedy area.

Its a 3 star hotel with reasonable prices in a family atmosphere.

New York
2. Re: Best area in Miraflores for action & safety?

I would recomend renting a apartment along Malecon Balta( I think Park Kennedy is a better place) or on Armadariz(sp) if you want to be within 50 meters of Larco Mar. Malecon Balta gives you the american coffee house Cafe Z (wi-fi) or internet cafes 1 block away and several book stores. Regardless I would not let her wander around alone in either area at night. You could accompany her to Larco Mar at night and let her wander while you were eating as long as she knew not to go near the parking garages or downstairs by the bowling alley.

South Florida...
reviews: 14
3. Re: Best area in Miraflores for action & safety?

Thank you for your concern---no, I would not let her wander around after dark by herself!

I will look at both suggestions...

Any others?

4. Re: Best area in Miraflores for action & safety?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 01, 2009