We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Days in Lima before/after Tour

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barossa Valley
reviews: 3
3 Days in Lima before/after Tour

I'm visiting Lima in September as part of 14 Day Land of the Incas Tour. I arrive with one clear day to spare before the Tour Group arrive from UK, and at the end of the Tour, I've planned 2 clear days for sightseeing, shopping etc. The Tour Group stays at the Hotel Embajadores in Miraflores. Travelling alone, I'd like some ideas or words of advice from others who have also had time to spare, and what they did with their "spare days". I last visited Lima 30 years ago and then, booked Day Tours from my Hotel in downtown Lima. I haven't visited the Gold Museum yet. Has anyone stayed at the Embajadores Hotel at Miraflores, is it possible to book Day Tours from the Hotel? I emailed the hotel to enquire if a courtesy bus/vehicle could meet me on arrival at the airport but never received a response. I'd like to know also if there Is shopping nearby - for example souvenirs/jewellery type up-market shopping?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
1. Re: 3 Days in Lima before/after Tour

The Embajadores hotel is run by the Best Western group. Soyou will find similar standards as what they provide in the USA. Its well located in the Miraflores area and you are walking distance from La Paz avenue where you will find many jewellry and antique shops.

Yes, you can book several day tours from the hotel desk front. If you have the time, do not miss the gold museum, its really worth the visit.

2. Re: 3 Days in Lima before/after Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 31, 2009