We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage at the Lima airport

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Luggage storage at the Lima airport

Hi travelers,

Is there a safe luggage storage facility at the Lima airport where you can leave a bag for a couple of weeks? I've read that there are lockers at the airport, but I am not sure if they can be used for longer-term storage. I am spending two weeks in Peru and then two weeks in Chile and Argentina and would like to leave a bag with fresh clothes at the Lima airport since I will return there for the flight to Santiago.

If there is a luggage storage facility, how late is it open? We're arriving from the States at midnight and leaving for Arequipa at 4am.

Also, does anyone know if there are showers at the aiport?

Thanks!

Fox Island...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Luggage storage at the Lima airport

There is a luggage storage room at the airport but I don't know the time limit. I don't remember seeing any showers anywhere. There are laundries everywhere that take in bags of clothes to wash for you. They can have them ready for you in about 6 hours if they don't need to be ironed. We took in our stinky clothes from a week in the Amazon and I think they charged about $6.

Sugar Land, Texas
reviews: 2
2. Re: Luggage storage at the Lima airport

I would rather opt for foxisle's solution. Laundry can be done everywhere.

The storage at the airport seems safe, but I have no idea either how long you can leave things there and if they're open 24/7. I think we paid S/27 for 1 locker/day.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
3. Re: Luggage storage at the Lima airport

No showers at the airport.

The luggage lockers are opened 24 hrs a day. I see no reason why you cannot store uour stuff for a long period of time, just have to pay what it is worth.

4. Re: Luggage storage at the Lima airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lima