We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazonia Expeditions guest house

Which Iquitos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kelowna
Amazonia Expeditions guest house

Has anyone ever stayed at the guest house in Iquitos that the tour group Amazonia Expeditions uses? I'm wondering if it is a decent place to stay for 2 nights.....

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 156
1. Re: Amazonia Expeditions guest house

Yes, I had the owner's bedroom, it was great! Nice view of the Amazon River and a little balcony (but too hot to do anything but enjoy the A.C. )

Not sure what the other rooms are like.

The only downside is that it is in the port area, and you will want to be heads up if walking between there and the Plaza de Armas. I almost never feel uncomfortable walking alone, but I actually did here. You take a moto taxi from outside the hotel.

Not sure why you'd spend 2 nights in Iquitos though, just go to the Lodge!

Edited: 4:39 pm, October 20, 2012
Kelowna
2. Re: Amazonia Expeditions guest house

Thanks for your help...I'm staying 2 nights because I don't get in until late in the afternoon the first day and wanted to have one day in the town to look around at the Belen market and whatever else......

california
Destination Expert
3. Re: Amazonia Expeditions guest house

You will want to go to Belen market in the morning (you should ask your assigned guide to go with you). You can probably do that and head to the lodge the same day, around 11am.

There isnt that much to see in Iquitos. Whatever else should be doable the afternoon you fly in. Or you may have a few hours the day you return, depending on your flight.

I would not trade a day from the lodge(s) to spend one in Iquitos!

Norwich, Connecticut
reviews: 15
4. Re: Amazonia Expeditions guest house

We stayed there this past June and it was great! A huge tub but the water pressure wasn't great so we couldn't fill the tub up as much as we wanted. But the view of the river was awesome and the A/C was nice. We stayed one night before our trip and one night after. It was nice to do both instead of going straight to the lodge. And coming back from the lodge it was night to relax for one night in an air conditioned room with a hot shower before boarding a plane back home. It's also within walking distance of the dock to the restaurant Al Frio y Al Fuego, a floating open-air restaurant in the middle of the river. I recommend going there during your stay but they don't open till 7 pm.

New York City, New...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Amazonia Expeditions guest house

I am debating staying here as well - only for one night - getting in around 7:30pm and heading to the lodge the next morning. Does it make sense to stay at the guest house or would it be better to try some place closer to the center of town?

california
Destination Expert
6. Re: Amazonia Expeditions guest house

It is easy to get to the center of town on a moto taxi, and I doubt that you will find any better option (with a view and A/C).

The rate also includes breakfast in the morning.

7. Re: Amazonia Expeditions guest house

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 07, 2013