We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

Which Iquitos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 96
Shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

Has anyone been to Yacupuma Center in Iquitos or the camp dorm in the jungle that the centre uses? We're looking for a safe and supportive environment to experience ayahuasca ceremonies with a shaman of repute. We were considering a jungle lodge but they do not seem to focus on ayahuasca ceremonies so we are really looking for a retreat. We are prepared to travel up to 175miles into the jungle from Iquitos and would like some recommendations before we get there. Thanks

160 replies to this topic
washington
1. Re: Shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

Well, I would also like to know about any shaman with repute in the Iquitos area.

washington
2. Re: Shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

Well, I would also like to know about any shaman with repute in the Iquitos area.

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
3. Re: Shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

www.saexplorers.org good info...

London
4. Re: Shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

Well, I haven't yet found what I'm looking for there. I was going to do the 4 day jungle trip with Mestre Juan Tangoa Paima at the Yacu Puma Centre but changing plans now it only involves 1 ayahuasca ceremony and we only have 7 days in Iquitos at the end of our month in Peru and the centre does not seem too deep into the jungle. We are now considering Muyuna Lodge for the 3 day trip but it's expensive and we really want to find more ayahuasca ceremonies and learning with shamans than animal and bird watching in the jungle, but we love the location. Muyana says they can take you to a shaman of repute nearby for the day etc but it's not exactly what we want.

Has anyone been to the San Pedro International Meditation and Retreat Centre in Urubamba?

For the chap who wants to find a shaman, check this out, http://www.soga-del-alma.org/curanderos.html

If anyone knows of a retreat and ayahuasca lodge deep in the jungle from Iquitos please do let know. The Temple of Light looked interesting but it seems to be for a minimum of 12 days retreat. Many thanks experts...

gordonjai
5. Re: Shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

Hola,

I've been going down to Peru and Ecuador to work with ayahuasca for 3 years now. Although I haven't been to Don Juan's place, Yacu puma, I hear he is a good healer and teacher. His 14 day retreat itenarary looks good, although for me I prefer to do more than just 4 ceremonies in that time period.

Some of the shamans that i recommend are as follows.

Just outside of Iquitos:

Ron Wheelock, email address is pukapunta@yahoo.com.

You might like to try his medicine for one night, since he only does 2 ceremonies per week. Strong medicine, uses thunder and ceilo ayahuasca in his brew. Great person, with integrity.

www.everywheremag.com/places/5521/27973.

Scott Peterson's healing center, 2 hours up river.

http://www.refugioaltiplano.org/.

Good medicine, beautiful grounds, and here you can do ceremony every night if you want. Kind of pricey at $160 a night, but he's very knowdegable about plant medicines.

I hear perch garcia is good, but haven't tried him.

In July there is the 5th annual shamanic confrence in Iquitos, which Alan Shoemaker is doing. You have the opportunity to do 3 ceremonies with different shamans while your at the conference. Plus there are pre and post conference ayahuasca workshops offered.

www.soga-del-alma.org/conferencesite.html.

I've been outside of Pucullpa, Peru, and there are some good shamans in that area, alittle more remote.

Hope this helps. Have a great journey.

Jai

London
6. Re: Shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

Thank you Jai very much for the advice. We are going to stay at the Temple of The Way of Light for three days and experience three ceremonies. I was also reading about Percy Garcia and he has been very nice in correspondence and I think we will visit him also after the retreat. Blessings....x

santiago
7. Re: Shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

For the best Shamanic experience and at the lowest price in the market, in a beautiful natural reservation visit http://ayahuasca-healing.info

if you book with them you get a 5% discount

They make the sales for Sacharuna clinic center.

This shamanic retreat was also known as Estrella Ayahuasca, it was the shamanic center of famous shaman Norma Panduro that went to heaven in 2007.

Jacek Slawek bought the place.

the website ayahuasca-healing.info is in Spanish but Path the guy who runs it speaks english so you can contact him with no problem at ayahuasca.healing.info(add@)gmail.com

Peoria, IL
reviews: 1
8. Re: Shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

Does anyone know of a good center for Ayahuasca or San Pedro in Ecuador?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
reviews: 74
9. Re: Shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

You'll get more info posting in the Ecuador forum.

10. Re: Shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, September 07, 2011

Reply to: Shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted