We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago, il, usa
reviews: 28
Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

I'm looking at both Tierra Viva Saphi and Tierra Viva Plaza for three nights (two nights pre- and one night post-Inca Trail hike). They both look great! Can anyone provide some guidance on the pros and cons of each one to help me decide? Thanks!

chicago, il, usa
1. Re: Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

Also-- I'm considering Rumi Punku. Is this a better choice? Thanks!

San Francisco...
reviews: 61
2. Re: Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

We stayed at the Saphi and it is quite nice, as the reviews on TA detail. I liked it, and while it is a short, safe walk to the square the block it is on is a little bit funky : many buildings under construction/ not is use.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
3. Re: Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

I can't compare the two, but like the previous poster, we stayed at Saphi and liked it. I wrote a review. No problems walking back and forth to the main square. It's not a very busy block but also not too deserted. But we're also not late night people so were back at the room by 9:00 at latest each day.

The hotel itself was fine. Nice breakfast. Comfy rooms. Very helpful staff. They arranged a couple taxis for us. Basic stuff, I know, but it all worked out just fine.

Canada
reviews: 120
4. Re: Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

You might also want to consider their newest addition, Tierra Viva Cusco Centro

We stayed there recently and it was great - fantastic free breakfast, free bottled water, room heating, close to the plaza, and probably cheaper than the other two Tierras

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g294314-i3023-k6879…

chicago, il, usa
5. Re: Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

Thanks so much everyone! I went ahead and booked at Saphi.

6. Re: Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 23, 2014