We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi tips

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley, California
reviews: 3
taxi tips

Our hotel in Cusco offers a pick up service from the airport and rides to the main square (they are about a 10 minute drive) whenever we want.How much should we tip the driver each time?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
1. Re: taxi tips

In Peru its not customary to tip the taxi driver

Saint Louis...
reviews: 14
2. Re: taxi tips

Is it easy to get a taxi at the train station in Poroy? My husband and I are arriving on a train from MP in the evening during mid-October and are staying at the JW Marriott. The travel agency at the resort in Urubamba is quoting $50USD for transportation from train station to JWM - is this high?

Berkeley, California
reviews: 3
3. Re: taxi tips

even if the driver is a hotel employee?

other travelers have noted that people should not neglect tipping them since it is a nice service the hotel offers.

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 143
4. Re: taxi tips

Most taxis are independently operated by their owners, very few are hotel employees.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
5. Re: taxi tips

Fifty dollars is way to expensive, you will find plenty taxis at the train station.

california
Destination Expert
6. Re: taxi tips

Must be Tambo del Inka.

Minot, North Dakota
reviews: 8
7. Re: taxi tips

Now I have to ask. My hotel's price is $40 for airport transport. I am staying in Urubamba outside the main area. Is this cost acceptable? Or should we try to get a taxi from the airport? Is it difficult to get taxis at the airport? thanks!

Finland
reviews: 10
8. Re: taxi tips

Some time ago we stayed in Urubamba as well, we just took a cab from the airport. It should cost half of what your hotel has quoted, about 60 soles. The drivers who approach you will ask double price.

Urubamba is an unforgettable place. There are some nice hotels, we stayed at the Sonesta Posadas. The local people are very friendly, can speak only few words of English.

california
Destination Expert
9. Re: taxi tips

$45 to $50 is a typical price if you ask a hotel to book an airport pickup. They are paying someone to wait for you.

If you are okay with negotiating directly with a taxi on arrival, it should be much less. The price goes down as you get farther from the terminal.

10. Re: taxi tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 31, 2014