We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tickets to machu picchu

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Vancouver...
tickets to machu picchu

Is there a sight online to purchase Machu picchu tickets ahead if time?

BC2

24 replies to this topic
Evansville, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Peru
reviews: 15
1. Re: tickets to machu picchu

This is a post with information on how to use the website:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294311-c162219/Peru:…

Some people have reported success using a credit card but at least one of them said that the site is not safe.

Edited: 7:34 pm, March 27, 2013
cordobesa
reviews: 52
2. Re: tickets to machu picchu

I purchased without problem here:

http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/

Hattiesburg...
3. Re: tickets to machu picchu

When I try to purchase at http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe

I fill in all the details during Step 2, click Step 3 and get nothing at all in the box.

Anyone else have any luck lately?

USA
reviews: 38
4. Re: tickets to machu picchu

The official website (http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/) doesn't always accept Visa payments. If it doesn't work for you, contact Agnes Moes at Responsible Travel: cuzco@responsibletravelperu.com. We used her a few weeks ago, and she was great. I gave her all our information via email, she bought the tickets and then brought them to our Cusco hotel the evening we arrived. At that time, I paid her in cash (US dollars or soles); she charged a 30 soles fee/ticket.

Hattiesburg...
5. Re: tickets to machu picchu

Thanks for the reference. That's substantially cheaper than the other travel agent in Cusco I was referred to by my hotel. I'll be contacting Ms Moes.

6. Re: tickets to machu picchu

I had the same problem. However only if I switched to the english version of the site. If you stay on the site in spanish it worked just fine. Paid with Visa and printed my tickets today.

Trabuco Canyon...
7. Re: tickets to machu picchu

Pinkachu, where do you live? I ask because other posters say even with visa verified, the site won't accept international visas. Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
8. Re: tickets to machu picchu

Hi everybody,

I am happy to announce that I have successfully got our 2 tickets for Macchu Picchu on my very first try!!!!

Just printed them out!!! It actually says PAGO EXITOSO

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 136
9. Re: tickets to machu picchu

Good news! To help others, do you remember what browser you were using, also what time of day you tried.

Depending on your card, it is usually a good idea to call Visa and your bank, both, and ask them not to block the overseas purchase.

Edited: 11:36 am, April 03, 2013
10. Re: tickets to machu picchu

I live in Switzerland. And I do have a veryfied Visa card. After the official machu picchu ministeria de Cultura site it switched to the Visa page of my bank. I entered my password and then it switched back to the Ministerio de Cultura site and said in bold yellow letters Pago Exitoso, which means the payment was accepted. (Don't speak Spanish so had to google that one ;p)

The whole process might take a couple of minutes though.

I used Firefox on my mac.

So first you enter the reservation steps 1 thru 3.

Then you get a reservation number that you have to enter in the Pagos section. And after the payment is accepted you enter the reservation number in the check-in section where you get to print your tickets.

Hope it works out for everybody!

Reply to: tickets to machu picchu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted