We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to book group tours in cusco

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 8
where to book group tours in cusco

hi,

i've seen prices for group tours out of cusco. where do you book them? i was quoted s/ 50 for a scared valley tour from my hotel but i've read here that it should be 25.

also, are group tours cheaper if booked in ollanta? i cant find any info on tour prices out of there.

i am thinking of staying in cusco the first night and then doing a sacred valley tour and being dropped off in ollanta for 3 nights. but i'm thinking it may be cheaper to just do the tours out of cusco and staying in ollanta 2 nights for the MP trip.

thanks.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 360
1. Re: where to book group tours in cusco

You. Can hire a cab and go to the sites and hire a guide at the entry of each of them.

Or, you can go by bus as well or colectivo.

Many tours are available at small stalls all around the Plaza de Armas

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 158
2. Re: where to book group tours in cusco

The mass market tours will be cheapest if booked in Cusco. Don't expect to have as nice an experience on those cheap pool bus tours. They spend too much time at stores and restaurants that pay kickbacks. The person that was quoting those cheap rates has been to Cusco and the SV before, and seems to pride himself in doing things as cheaply as possible (rather than having a quality experience).

Of course if your hotel is just putting you on one of those pool bus tours and taking a commission, you won't have a better experience...just lining their pocket.

Edited: 12:06 pm, March 26, 2013
Chelmsford, United...
3. Re: where to book group tours in cusco

Orellana Tours organise city and sacred valley - you can find them on Calle Garcilaso (I think) just off of Plaza Regocijo.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 85
4. Re: where to book group tours in cusco

some tours spend far too much time in shops. On one of our tours at 7 PM ( check when your tour returns!)we stopped at a darkly lit and dingy shop, with dirty bathrooms for a "textile demonstration" which was just a sales deal. I stayed on the bus. the tour leader actually came out to the bus looking for me, counting me, even tho the bus was 10 meters from the "shop".

we booked thru CTM or CMT / horizon would not use them again.

Edited: 5:56 am, March 31, 2013
USA
reviews: 41
5. Re: where to book group tours in cusco

I would suggest you read my posting from a couple of days ago: Our Week in Peru, logistics, etc. We pieced together our sightseeing, and it worked out very well. My posting includes people we used with great success.

6. Re: where to book group tours in cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 02, 2014