We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salkantay trek

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Salkantay trek

I'm hoping to do a 5 day salkantay trek April 5. The problem I have is I'm alone and most reputable places want 2 people to start the trek. I would prefer to book with Alpaca expeditions. Any one want to start a group with me?

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
1. Re: Salkantay trek

If you were going exactly 1 month later, I'd be game!

Good luck

2. Re: Salkantay trek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, March 20, 2013
Lima, Peru
3. Re: Salkantay trek

I think Inglorious website only works for commissions and try to head people to X companies, You should ask Alpaca if they can find some people to join you for that day.

Chelmsford, United...
4. Re: Salkantay trek

I am good friends with the owner of Alpaca Expeditions and would love to be able to drive some business their way. I did the Salkantay Trek with them last year and had a great time. The route they offer is a little different as you camp at Llactapata which hardly anyone does and the views you get of Machu Picchu from there are great.

If Alpaca can put together a group then great, it's easier said than done though.

5. Re: Salkantay trek

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, March 21, 2013
6. Re: Salkantay trek

Removed on: 6:35 pm, March 21, 2013
Lima, Peru
7. Re: Salkantay trek

haha once again advertising on their own...

Arequipa, Peru
8. Re: Salkantay trek

Camping at the inca sites in Llactapata must be nice for tourists but it is Not allowed by the local authorities, should this be reported to the local goverment? ......

Alpaca has many more reviews that tourists taken... how an agency that recently started running Inca Trail trips from last March 1st can have many reviews already? this is easily explain in one word: Spam by especially first time reviewers !

Edited: 1:34 am, March 22, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
9. Re: Salkantay trek

i just paid a deposit with Alpaca so the trip fro the 5th is a go. i would still like others to join the group, think it would be more fun with more then 2 people.

10. Re: Salkantay trek

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:07 pm, March 22, 2013
Edited: 1:07 pm, March 22, 2013