We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
reviews: 3
travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo

I have been quoted $20/person for van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo. does this sound about right or too high?

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 28
1. Re: travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo

Depends on how you will travel. A minibus probably is cheaper than that, for other means of transportations sounds fair enough.

jersey
reviews: 19
2. Re: travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo

I have been quoted $20/person for van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo. does this sound about right or too high?

from where?

The local cost of a shared minivan is 10 soles (approx 4 dollars), or 12 soles for a share taxi, ( approx 5 dollars). You take these from where they depart a block or two down from ¨belem¨, look at your FREE map, where the pick ups to OLLANTAY leave from.

obviously hiring ba taxi or minivan all to yourself will cost a hell of a lot more, and isn´t necessary, unless of course you travel with a large to medium family.

Edited: 10:42 am, March 07, 2013
Philadelphia...
3. Re: travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo

it would be from Cusco airport to where we end of staying in Ollantaytambo. we are a family of 4 traveling. I have been reading how careful you need to be in hiring taxi's etc so asked the guide if he could arrange for a van for the pickup from airport for us

jersey
4. Re: travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo

Mmmm, i´d be careful about being ripped off with expensive prices. Remember you can either use a share taxi $5 per person times 5 equals 25 from where they leave-just be sure to get a totally empty one-easy enough!

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
5. Re: travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo

$80 for a van for only 4 people sounds high to me. Are you staying overnight in Ollantaytambo? If so, also ask the hotel if they could send a van & what the cost would be.

Atlanta, Georgia
6. Re: travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo

May I ask what is 'Belem''? Is the place we can take collectivo?

jersey
7. Re: travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo

Belem is the street near where the collectivos run from. Don´t quote it, as the paradero has another name. Sorry to confuse you, i only remembered Calle Belem being nearby and a place for ´economiser´ meals.

Washington DC
8. Re: travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo

I've been quoted $65 if you are not doing any stopping along the way for a family of four, airport pickup to Ollantaytambo.

Washington DC
9. Re: travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo

But I also had someone tell me they could arrange a taxi for 120 soles which is about $40 for all four persons (not a van, a large car). I am going soon and am confused, like you!

Philadelphia...
10. Re: travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo

Good luck. Let me know what you end up doing....I still have not confirmed my travel for this yet.