We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi cost from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, worth the cost?

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis, Tennessee
reviews: 123
taxi cost from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, worth the cost?

I'm very interested in a tour that leaves out of Ollantaytambo (a Quechua Community Visit). It's a short tour, about four hours total.

However I'm staying in Cusco.

How long is a taxi ride between both areas?

How much is taxi fare for one person?

I'm want to do this tour,but if it's going to be a long ride or rather high cost, I have another tour that's based in Cusco I can do.

I wanted to do this for the opportunity for visit a smaller town in the region.

Any advice??

jersey
reviews: 19
1. Re: taxi cost from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, worth the cost?

sacred valley tours cost 25 soles, from cusco. A collectivo taxi to ollantay from cusco is 12 soles, minivan is 10 soles.

Memphis, Tennessee
2. Re: taxi cost from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, worth the cost?

Thanks for the info, but can you tell me the price dollars = soles?

Also I will have a valley tour two days earlier and can't do both the same day

Ica, Peru
reviews: 4
3. Re: taxi cost from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, worth the cost?

Airlink, you do not want a taxi. You want a collectivo. A collectivo is a car or van with several different passengers who share the cost. Like 450chris said to you, you will need to pay 12 soles for a car ($4.25 USD per person) or 10 soles in a mini-van ($3.40).

Memphis, Tennessee
4. Re: taxi cost from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, worth the cost?

Will either one of these make several stops? I need to be at the meeting place at a certain time (9:00 a.m.).

Also my language skills are a work in progress :) and while I can understand and speak a little, I don't want to get lost. I guess that's why I was looking at a taxi.

How often do they run between both places?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 279
5. Re: taxi cost from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, worth the cost?

Taxi should cost around 80 to 100 soles.

Colectivos are cheap, but not the most comfortable

jersey
6. Re: taxi cost from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, worth the cost?

Taxi collectivos are pretty good for the price, they leave when they are full, so get to the place they depart from early and you should be ok.

Atlanta, Georgia
7. Re: taxi cost from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, worth the cost?

Where can I take Taxi collectivos in Cuzco?are there some in airport.

jersey
8. Re: taxi cost from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, worth the cost?

no, they leave where the regular minibuses leave, etc.

Cusco, Peru
9. Re: taxi cost from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, worth the cost?

Hi,

I would suggest you organise a taxi to take you from Cusco to Ollantaytambo to ensrue you are there for the 9am tour departure time. Your hotel can organise a taxi for approx. 80 - 100 soles (Approx. US$33 - $40) and trip takes about 90 minutes. See here for more info on how to get to Ollanta; bestofcusco.com/ollantyatambo-getting-there-…

This will ensure you arrive on time for your tour. To return to Cusco in the afternoon you can either go with the cheaper colectivo option mentioned in the posts above (approx. US$5) as you will have more time after your tour or can organise for the same taxi to pick you up and take you back to Cusco.

I would also suggest you spend an hour or two wandering around on foot the old Incan part of Ollantaytambo town which is well worth a visit as the longest continusouly inhabited Incan town in the valley apparently!

I assume you are doing the Awamaki tour to Patacancha? This is definitely worth the trip to Ollantaytambo so you can see a different side to the Sacred Valley that you don't see in 'typical' tours.

Hope this helps.

Atlanta, Georgia
10. Re: taxi cost from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, worth the cost?

Thanks you, 450 Chris.

Another question,can I deposit my luggage at Cusco airport? do they have this service?thanks