We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Inca trail with an 8 years old?

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Altos
Short Inca trail with an 8 years old?

we are going to MP in April and we have an 8 year old in tow. Do you think she could hike the Short Inca trail? the travel agent told us that with some prodding she would be able to do it. she is a good hiker but not overly trained.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Short Inca trail with an 8 years old?

i think she certainly *could*.

will she actually *want* to? different question entirely. another question: do you want to risk it? of course the agent thinks you should, they gain a commission.

i personally wouldn't risk it, but you know your kid far better than i do.

cusco peru
2. Re: Short Inca trail with an 8 years old?

The short inca trail is not too hard, the first day you need to walk no more than 6 hours, normally if you book as private service, you can keep your own steady pace.

Cheers!

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
3. Re: Short Inca trail with an 8 years old?

This April? Not possible.......all permits sold out:

machupicchu.gob.pe/rpt/…

I agree with #1. Most 8-year-olds probably wouldn't enjoy a 6-hour (or more) hike. Trekking can get boring to a kid pretty quickly. Better to take hikes around Pisac & Ollantaytambo. Much more manageable (and interesting).

4. Re: Short Inca trail with an 8 years old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 08, 2014