We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do I have enough time

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Carlos...
do I have enough time

Hello,

If my plane arrives in Lima at 7:15 in the morning and my flight to Cusco leaves at 9:10 does that leave me enough time?

thanks

Karen

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 143
1. Re: do I have enough time

Probably not, unless your first flight is on time, you get your luggage right away (or do carryon), and maybe the second flight is slightly delayed. Are they both on one ticket or do you have two different tickets?

Edited: 6:27 pm, January 16, 2013
San Carlos...
2. Re: do I have enough time

Hi, I have them both on one ticket and I'm doing carry on

flying on Lan, should I phone and ask for a later flight to Cuzco? they'll charge me $75 to change the ticket, if the flight's delayed and I miss that first flight I'm assuming they'll need to put me on the next flight with no charge? or should I phone Lan and ask?

thank you!

Karen

california
Destination Expert
3. Re: do I have enough time

If it is LAN I wouldn't worry, since they wrote it all on one ticket they should put you on the next flight if there is a problem.

I think you will still have to go thru customs and immigration, doing carry on will help you get to the head of the line from your flight. If you think you are in danger of missing the next flight try to ask someone to move you up in line. And hope you get the green light. Then you will need to go upstairs to the departure area and go thru security again (I am assuming they will give you both boarding passes so you don't have to go to the LAN desk).

The flight to Cusco may not allow as big a carry on as the international.

I would be prepared to gate check your carry on if the attendants in the departure lounge don't like it. Suggest you pack a lightweight tote or duffle with all valuables, so you can take it out easily if that happens.

Notice I didn't suggest calling LAN. Their phone customer service is awful.

San Carlos...
4. Re: do I have enough time

does gate check mean to check in your carry on luggage (sorry but I'm not a traveler and this is all new to me)

Yes, I'll bring a big tote which I'll use as a purse to keep as much stuff in as possible thanks for the heads up about the lightweight luggage...I believe Lan only allows 21 inches for carry on

Karen

california
Destination Expert
5. Re: do I have enough time

Yes, they come around in the departure gate seating area, and if your bag is too big or heavy they give you a ticket and check it. It mostly seems to be LAN, the other domestic airlines are even more restrictive and I have been deprived of my carry on at checkin rather than at the gate.

6. Re: do I have enough time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 18, 2014