We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveler's worst nightmare...

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 8
Traveler's worst nightmare...

Or at least in the top 5. After 11 days in Peru (including

Lima, Nazca flight, Colca Canyon condors, Arequipa, Lake Titicaca, Cusco and the Sacred Valley), I lost my camera. It is a sick feeling. I am in Cusco now (November 19, 2012), leaving for Machu Picchu in the morning. Realizing it is unlikely, it never hurts to ask...please let me know if anyone currently traveling in Cusco has found it. The camera is a small purple Nikon Cool Pix. I am almost positive it fell out of my pocket on Sunday, November 18th on a tour bus between Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley and where we we're let off at Plaza Regocijo in Cusco. I called the tour company later that evening when I realized it, they checked the bus and did not find it. I don't care about getting the camera back, I just want the memory card. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 277
1. Re: Traveler's worst nightmare...

So sorry for you.

Hope you get it back.

Saratoga Springs, NY
reviews: 4
2. Re: Traveler's worst nightmare...

Sorry for the loss. A thought for next time: use address stickers and attach to all valuable articles whenever possible.

Cusco, Peru
reviews: 30
3. Re: Traveler's worst nightmare...

I hate to say this but the odds of ever seeing your camera of memory chip again are slim to none, rarely are found items ever returned or reported here in Cusco, The only real chance would be if a tourist finds it, other than that you can pretty much figure that some Peruvian has a new camera.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 68
4. Re: Traveler's worst nightmare...

Cameras lost? Off topic a little but a relative worked at Disney in Orlando -on a busy day they get 70,000 guests - many lose their cameras, and many get turned in to guest relations, many unclaimed, unmarked with name of owner so once a year they get sold cheap.

Houston
reviews: 2
5. Re: Traveler's worst nightmare...

The address label idea is a great one. I'm gonna put one on the battery for my camery and my cell phone when I get home today. Thanks.

6. Re: Traveler's worst nightmare...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, December 16, 2013