We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dishonest Tour Provider - Qorianka Tours

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 24
Dishonest Tour Provider - Qorianka Tours

dishonest service - a warning to the community

A week prior I contacted Qorianka Tours at Calle Suecia 300-B, Cusco to purchase a one way trip from Cusco to Pilcopata in a tourist van for my husband and myself. I arrived on a Saturday afternoon to confirm the reservation and pay for the trip. Saturday night, Mariela Ochoa who arranged our trip, called our hotel to change the departure time from 5am to 8:30am the following day, assuring us this would be more relaxing and enjoyable for us. She arrived Sunday morning in a taxi and rode with us not to a tourist van but to a collectivo, a public form of transportation which is an aging regular van that crams as many people in as possible and leaves once enough passengers have arrived.

I told her that I knew this was a collectivo and not a tourist van and she started making excuses that her tourist van had only had one open seat and that she had purchased three seats in the collectivo for the two of us so it would be comfortable. We wanted to get to our destination at a specific time, hence going with the tour, and instead had to wait two hours for the collectivo to fill up. I told her I knew this ride also cost a lot less than a tourist van at which point she finally told us she would give us back the difference in price.

We were perfectly capable of arranging public transportation ourselves but thought it would be fun, interesting and safe to go in a tourist van. Instead we ended up interacting with a dishonest operator who tried to charge over 3 TIMES the price of public transportation and just take us to the collectivo departure point. Maybe they run their regular tours differently but I would be very careful when interacting with this company. It would have been different if she had been honest about the space in her van. Instead she tried to trick us and hope we wouldn't notice.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 69
1. Re: Dishonest Tour Provider - Qorianka Tours

is there any tourism board that this can be reported to?

Boston
2. Re: Dishonest Tour Provider - Qorianka Tours

I'm not sure but it is a good suggestion and I will look around.

Thanks.

Munich, Germany
reviews: 2
3. Re: Dishonest Tour Provider - Qorianka Tours

I think you should post this in this attraction

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294311-d2…

Thanks

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 137
4. Re: Dishonest Tour Provider - Qorianka Tours

"Is there any tourism board you can report this to"

peru.travel/en/iperu-offices-of-tourist-info…

Unfortunately this type of operation is not all that unusual, which is why I always try to "do it myself".

Edited: 6:06 pm, November 23, 2012
Boston
5. Re: Dishonest Tour Provider - Qorianka Tours

Thanks for your replies and will do.

6. Re: Dishonest Tour Provider - Qorianka Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, December 16, 2013