We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pack lunch or eat out Maras, Moray, Urubamba/Chinchero

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mountain View, CA
reviews: 25
Pack lunch or eat out Maras, Moray, Urubamba/Chinchero

I am vegetarian. Would it better for me to take packed lunch from hotel for the trips:

1) Maras and Moray

2) Urubamba and Chinchero

Look forward to your helpful suggestions.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
1. Re: Pack lunch or eat out Maras, Moray, Urubamba/Chinchero

Urubamba has some good restaurants -- El Huacatay and Tres Keros. I didn't see anything near Maras & Moray, as they are somewhat out in the middle of nowhere (but Urubamba is not far away). Not sure about Chinchero.

You could visit all four sites in one day, with a stop in Urubamba for lunch.

Beverly Hills...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Pack lunch or eat out Maras, Moray, Urubamba/Chinchero

I just did a private tour out to all 3 sites from my hotel in Cusco (which I recommend, btw, because it´s only $60, so if you have 2 or more people and you´re going to pay $25 pp for a group tour, why not pay the extra $10 and have your own private car and go at your own pace?).

I don´t really think you need any lunch if you eat a meal beforehand. It´ll take you about 90 mins to get to Chinchero, then another 30 mins to get to Maras and then another 30 minutes to get to Moray. And you really won´t spend more than about 30 minutes at each site. So, for example, we left Cusco at about 915 am and were back in Cusco by 245. No need to stop for a meal.

However, to answer your question directly, if you did want a meal, then bring it with you. There was nowhere to eat in Moray. There were a few little snack spots at Maras, but I don´t think there was anything to accomodate a vegetarian diet (though admittedly I didn´t check, I just remember seeing signs for hamburgers and sandwiches).

Mountain View, CA
3. Re: Pack lunch or eat out Maras, Moray, Urubamba/Chinchero

Thank you Redhead47 and Sebastian this is helpful. Will figure out how to coordinate. We had planned for Chinchero and Urubamba on a separate day.

We plan to go to Moray and Maras on horseback (lunch is on our own).

New York City, New...
reviews: 13
4. Re: Pack lunch or eat out Maras, Moray, Urubamba/Chinchero

Been here for two days and there isn't much for my sister except bakery and potato chips. I recommend hitting the supermarket.

Mountain View, CA
5. Re: Pack lunch or eat out Maras, Moray, Urubamba/Chinchero

Thank you kcheung.

6. Re: Pack lunch or eat out Maras, Moray, Urubamba/Chinchero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, December 16, 2013