We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cusco and Inka Trail tour - good guide

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Poznan, Poland
Cusco and Inka Trail tour - good guide

Hi,

I wanted to share with you my recent experience in Peru while doing Inka Trail (4 days) and one day stay in Cusco.

We were travelling with 4 friends and spent 3 weeks in Peru. One of our main points of that visit was Inka Trail and Macchu Picchu (of course!). We did book that trek 5 months before getting to Peru and used www.inca-trail.com.pe/ to book it. They are pretty expensive, but the guide we had compensated it. If it was not Lucio, I would say we overpaid (500$ per person). But he made the trek really great. And it was not only about his knowledge, but also I felt like being in good hands with responsible and trustworthy men. I had some problems with my kniee while trekking so was always last and at the end of the group, but he or his assistant was waiting for me, never leaving me alone in the mountains, never hurrying me up. I felt really comfortable with them. What`s also important, is the way he was telling the Inkas stories - I was eager to hear more and more. Actually, without these stops on Inka ruins on the trail, only Machu Picchu would be...kind of disappointing. MP itself is really touristic and commercial, and we adored our 4 day trek and Inkas ruins on the way (and Lucio`s stories) much more than Machu itself.

After trek, I was so fascinated with Lucio, that we decided to ask him for a Cusco tour. And that was great as well. This man is a walking book about Inkas and with him the stones talk. I LOVE it and recommend to anyone. A good guide really makes a difference!!!

If anyone is interested, please contact me on my email k.janczewska@hotmail.com and I will gladly pass details.

ps. Last but not least, his english is perfect!

Cheers, Katie

1. Re: Cusco and Inka Trail tour - good guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 16, 2013