We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour operators

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Incline Village...
reviews: 1
Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour operators

Has anyone used Perutourism.com. My husband and I want to arrange a tour of Cusco and nearby ruins and another of Ollantaytambo and Sacred Valley. Any tour operator suggestions are appreciated.

Kamloops, Canada
reviews: 21
1. Re: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour operators

You can easily join these tours once you are in Cusco. Theres loads of tour companies around the Plaza De Armas in Cusco.

Incline Village...
2. Re: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour operators

Thanks for the feed back.

Cusco, Peru
reviews: 3
3. Re: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour operators

However if you want to have a decent guide and the transportation I desperately recommended you to book in advance, I recommended to do sacred valley & Machu Picchu together in two days visiting pisaq market pisaq ruins , ollantaytambo ruins, then take train to aguas calientes and stay overnight there and the next day visit to the most magical machupichu. we can even suggest you to take private tour as if you book in the main square they will put you in a big bus with 30 people. We would like all our visitor have memorable experience and amazing Peru holidays as this is trip is once in the life time.

Edited: 7:34 am, November 07, 2012
Lima
4. Re: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour operators

If you are planning to use a travel agency even for a short tour I think it is wise to find references and choose the one that is more appropriate to suit your preferences as well as your budget. Avoid street tour vendors.

San Francisco...
reviews: 102
5. Re: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour operators

I agree with the post from Alpaca Expeditions - avoid the day trips sold by agencies in and around Plaza de Armas. We booked a full day tour of the Sacred Valley with one of the many agencies. Price was reasonable 55 soles per person, but the tour was not as promised. First off, we were consolidated with a group of spanish speaking tourists on a bus provided by Puma Tours. They were 30 minutes late picking us up and then proceeded to drive thru town to pick up more passengers. One hour later we were back in front of our hotel, and not sure quite why. We decided to get off and find another way to tour the valley. We are still trying to get a refund! The guide whose English was minimal said that is the way it is on group tours and we were the ones causing problems, however three other groups left from our hotel beginning at 8, so I think these guys were just screwing around. We found a taxi that took us for the whole day, wherever we wanted to go in the Sacred Valley for 150 soles. We had a great day and at our pace, not that of a group tour. And I would avoid Puma tours at all costs!

Encinitas...
reviews: 45
6. Re: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour operators

I have not heard of them. I used Andean Adventures Peru and they were FANTASTIC. They offered reasonable prices and the guide we had, Ernesto, was one of the best guides I've ever had anywhere. His knowledge of Incan culture was outstanding.

Incline Village...
7. Re: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour operators

Thanks, Nancy for the recommendation!

8. Re: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 29, 2013