We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inka Express bus

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 11
Inka Express bus

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are planning on traveling from Puno to Cusco in late August on our first trip to Peru. We are considering taking the Inka Express bus as the concept of a day trip sounds like fun. I contacted IE by email and they quoted me a fare of 55 USD per person. This sounds pretty hefty to me.

I have read mixed reviews about the service: I read that they used to be good (and cheaper) in the past but that they have been living off their reputation lately.

Does anyone have recent experiences with IE or any other alternatives? Do you need to book in advance?

I don't mind paying a fair price or a couple of soles more for good services but I don't like being ripped off like a gringo!

Many thanks!

51 replies to this topic
Kamloops, Canada
reviews: 21
1. Re: Inka Express bus

You could also try...

qerostours.com/titicaca-lake/tourist-bus-cus…

http://www.perucuzco.com/turismomer/index.htm

http://www.cuscopunobus.com/

http://www.cuscopuno.com/

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 10
2. Re: Inka Express bus

It is a 9 hour bus trip with a guided tour of some nice sites and a buffet lunch included. I think the price is pretty fair. I tried to book 2 days before our trip but there were no seats left for the five of us, so book a week or so out?

Madrid, Spain
reviews: 81
3. Re: Inka Express bus

We travelled with them a week or so ago. Paid the same (55 USD). Of course you can take a local bus 10 times cheaper than that but... the experience will be very different. I personally liked the trip: the bus was comfrtable, big windows, safe driving, good guide. They make 4 stops to visit different interesting places, which makes the trip very easy. The buffet lunch was not particularly exciting, but the place looked clean and there was one chicken dish which was really tasty. Also we arrived exactly at the hour promised - incredible for Peru!

From my experience - very recommendable. We managed to change the tickets 2 days before (had a change of travel plans) but those were last places - so booking in advance might be a good idea.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 11
4. Re: Inka Express bus

Ok, good to know. Many thanks to all!

Nice, France
reviews: 79
5. Re: Inka Express bus

I do not recommend Inka Express we just returned from the trip Puno-Cuzco and do not delivered what we expected based on the brochure: in Pucara they send tourist to local museum insted of the Museo Litico, they do not offer a glass of wather during the entire trip, the toilet was dirty! and Daniel,the tour guide express that he is not responsible of the onboard service!!!

manchester
reviews: 4
6. Re: Inka Express bus

Its a shame that some people had a bad experience with Inka Express because it was quite the opposite for us. We travelled with them in early August 2012. They were really well informed, we had beverages and all the stops. The stops break up the journey well and it feels like you haven't wasted a day travelling. I highly recommend them.

Edited: 8:46 am, August 28, 2012
South Pasadena, CA
reviews: 8
7. Re: Inka Express bus

I wonder what the difference is between those who got good service and those who did not. We booked with them for our upcoming trip. I will plan to bring water bottles. ::fingers crossed:: we get a good trip.

We have an acquaintance who didn't make it to Puno because of a flight change. After weighing the options between bus, train or flight, (even with good and bad reviews) the bus tour seemed best for us (price played a part). We go in 3 weeks. I will make sure my expectations aren't too high - that makes a difference!

As of yet, they communicate really well and have responded very quickly via email. I've emailed them 3 times, so that is something.

Sao Paulo, SP
reviews: 6
8. Re: Inka Express bus

Totally agree!!!! It was the worst experience from our entire trip. We felt ourselves cheated. It is definitely not worth the money. The guide had very poor information and seemed not to care at all. He was just shooting useless pieces of information such as height of the places, remaining distance and time, etc... The stops were not useful at all. The on board service consists of a glass of water once in a while.

I don't recommend it. Don't waste your time and money!!! Just take a regular bus for 1/5 of the price and you will not regret!!!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
9. Re: Inka Express bus

I'm wondering if you ended up using Inka Express for your journey from Cusco to Puno? I am considering doing the same in early May this year. Do you recommend booking the tickets in advance? If yes, how did you pay for your advance tickets (e.g. online via credit card)?

Thanks for your help!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
10. Re: Inka Express bus

We reserved tickets via email for may. They are meeting us at our cusco hotel a couple days ahead to drop tickets off and were supposed to pay cash at that time.

They also said we could go to their office in cusco to pay by credit card. No online pmt was required to reserve the seats.

Reply to: Inka Express bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted