We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inca Trail outfitter needed

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
reviews: 13
Inca Trail outfitter needed

My husband and I would like to do the 4 day Inca Trail hike but are confused about the different choices for outfitters and prices. We don't know anyone who has done it. Can someone recommend an outfitter please?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
1. Re: Inca Trail outfitter needed

Pls look at the sticky on the Peru Forum about the 15 most asked questions on the Inca Trail so you can have a good idea of what its all about.

Many agencies are available, I can personally recommend www.peruchasquitur.com.pe

Belgium
2. Re: Inca Trail outfitter needed

Hello ,

I just did the Incatrail with Peruplanet ,amazing good service ,guide and food ,they had all new material and charge me 285 usd for the 4 days , in my reservation thru mail they were very helpful ! www.peru-planet.net

In cusco you find More than 300 local agencies ,,,,for the Incatrail its importend to find an agency who operate theirself the trail ,many agencies dont operate the trail and just sell you to an other agency

on

inc-cusco.gob.pe/frame/index_consultas.php you can find a list of operators for the trail

Prices are going from 250 usd till 400 usd , but at the end you still have to walk yourself ! so good luck in finding an travelagent and dont waith to long ,i hear the trail is already ful til June !

chicago
3. Re: Inca Trail outfitter needed

I have heard stories that many of the cheaper tour companies mistreat their guides by paying them far less than minimum wage. Does anyone know of a reliable company that does not do this?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
4. Re: Inca Trail outfitter needed

You can obtain an extense list of Inca Trial operators at : andeantravelweb.com/peru/…cusco

London
5. Re: Inca Trail outfitter needed

My suggestion is Pachamama Explorers. We just returned from the Inca Trail and had a lovely experience with them, even though part of the trail was closed due to a landslide!

They are official licensed to operate on the trail, make sure you get that right, because some agencies are not licensed and pass you onto another agency to operate without telling you! We checked up beforehand on the Institute of National Cultures website (www.inc-cusco.gob.pe)

I hope you find what you are looking for...