We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Crossings

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Southern Crossings

During our stay in Peru we took several tours arranged by Southern Crossings. For each one we were met, welcomed, taken to the hotel and well briefed by their representative. Also, all the guides were very knowledgeable and clearly passionate about their subject.

On one trip, we stayed overnight with a local family on an island in Lake Titicaca. In these instances it is customary for visitors to give a few grocery items as a ‘gift’ to their hosts. Unfortunately, a few visitors were not informed of this custom by their agent and this gave rise to some embarrassment. However, to their credit, Southern Crossings not only mentioned the custom to us but also provided a bag of appropriate items to give - which demonstrates consideration to both their customers & suppliers.

West Palm Beach...
1. Re: Southern Crossings

While in the planning stages of our trip to Peru, a great friend and tried and true traveler, suggested Southern Crossings. Thank you for that. From bus tickets to trail permits, from guided hikes in the Lares Valley to city tours in Lima, from accomplished drivers and the best restaurants, Southern Crossings was with us the whole time.

Southern Crossings picked us up, wisked us away, helped us with our terrible Spanish, made us feel comfortable and welcomed and excited us throughout our journey. They booked all of our wonderful accomodations at a fair price, absolutley exceeding our expectations in comfort and amendities. They guided us professionally through the Lares Valley, Macchu Pichu, Cusco, Colca Canyon, Chivay, Lima and more. We made friends of every one of our drivers, guides, administrative staff and helpful employees at Southern Crossings.

I can not say enough about how Southern Crossings turned a trip of the decade into a trip of a life time, I hope to visit Peru many times and will always use the people of S. Crossings, knowledge and professionalism to make my experience more fun and easy.

Kris Boyd, Vermont, USA

Burlington, Vermont
2. Re: Southern Crossings

On a 16 day vacation to Peru, I planned on spending half of my time with Southern Crossings on the Lares Trek and the second half on my own in the Lima area. After just a few days in Peru in the care of Southern Crossings, I promptly signed on to a second tour with them.

At all times I felt safe, well cared for and confident that I was getting the best service at a very reasonable cost. All of the guides and representatives spoke English (I don't speak Spanish well), were very knowledgable and helped me with everything from prepping for the trek to finding the best restaurants in whatever city I was in. From the moment I arrived in Peru, Southern Crossings made it clear that they were there to help me with whatever I needed help with in order to have a wonderful vacation.

I highly recommend both the Lares trek and the Colca Canyon tour through Southern Crossings, and am confident that any tour/activity through them will be a good one!

Edited: 10:32 pm, June 01, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia...
3. Re: Southern Crossings

I have traveled to Europe six times, to Africa twice, and have made several trips to Central America and the Caribbean, and I can say this without hesitation: Southern Crossings is the finest tour company I have ever employed. Personalized service, from planning our vacation to guides that accompanied us at various stops - all delivered with excellence, efficiency, and friendliness. Every employee with whom we dealt - from management to the guides - made us feel that our enjoyment was their highest priority. By the way, the guides are incredibly knowledgeable, speak several languages fluently, and are fun to have as companions. And they are for you and you alone - you're not part of some large group.

My wife and I are looking forward to booking another trip with Southern Crossings. From our observations in Peru of other operations whose groups we spotted along the way, we had the best tour by far.

Guy Arledge, Atlanta, Georgia

Edited: 5:24 pm, June 09, 2012
Morristown, New...
4. Re: Southern Crossings

I have had an awesome quick tour through Peru. The organization by Southern Crossing was perfect and I always felt being taken care of. The staff is friendly and engaged. They like what they do. The upper mid class hotels were clean and secure. The guides were knowledgable and very flexible to adapt the program to my wishes and needs. Travel was safe and well organized. I will look forward to do more tours with Southern Crossing.

Greenwood, South...
5. Re: Southern Crossings

Our family traveled to Peru this summer along with my 82 year old father. The agents at Southern Crossings were very helpful in the planning stages and once we hit the ground, their guides where like a lifeline in addition to being very knowledgeable, friendly and thorough. We took trips to the rainforest, Lake Titicaca, Nazca, Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. Each area guide was awesome! The drivers made us feel safe on the roads. Most have been with the company for years. All our hotels were clean and safe. Breakfast was very good as were the meals provided on the excursions. When we had time for meals on our own, the guides made sure we knew which area of town was safe to wander around in and shop. It was great being met at the airport, train station, etc., taken to our hotel and only given the boarding passes for the next stage when they were needed. We could really relax and just enjoy the trip. We're ready to go back to Peru and would never use another agency. Southern Crossings is the best!

Edited: 2:34 pm, October 11, 2012
Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
6. Re: Southern Crossings

Wow, a lot of one-post wonders........

Cusco, Peru
7. Re: Southern Crossings

Dear Redhead57

Thank you for your comment.

We are happy to recommend new members to Trip Advisor, our satisfied clients who’ve had a great vacation in Peru and have signed up to Trip Advisor to tell the world about it. We are proud that our services can motivate clients to enter on to Trip Advisor and make comments, thank you for your observation.

Sincerely

The Southern Crossings team

Edited: 4:44 pm, October 18, 2012
Camby, Indiana
reviews: 47
8. Re: Southern Crossings

We took the Southern Crossings trip ACTIVE INCA TRAIL. The itinerary gave us the chance to accomodate to the altitude and see parts of Peru we wouldn't have found on our own. Everything was planned and executed according to plan. We had drivers and guides that spoke perfect English. They were on time to meet us and take us to our next location. Hotels were clean and in good locations. Tours of Lima and Cusco were wonderful. We chose the 1 day mountain biking trip in Cusco which was really wonderful. It was a difficult ride but the countryside was spectacular with the opportunity to see Moray and the salt flat. The highlight of the trip was the 4 day 3 night trek on the Inca trail. The tour company they arranged for us took wonderful care of us. The trail itself was very very difficult. We were very happy that we had been exercising aerobically for several months prior to the trip. The worst thing about the trip is the bathrooms on the INCA TRAIL. This is not the fault of any tour company but those planning to attend should know that it is a health hazard. Theneed for hand sanitizer cannot be over emphasized. Overall the trip was wonderful. The staff at Southern Crossings were prompt,attentive and answered all our questions. The only snag was that the payment process wasn't especially easy as the secured by VISA system didnt want to accept my payment. We ended up having to wire money which also was an ordeal. II would definitely use thi9s company again and recommend this company for anyone wanting to take a trip.

Loveland, Colorado
reviews: 4
9. Re: Southern Crossings

"Wouldn't have missed it for the world!" We are so blessed to have had this incredible experience! Not only did we have a fantastic time hiking the Inca Trail and all of the beauty that we encountered along the way, be we also had the wonderful fortune to have visited the Lake Titicaca area, Uros (the floating islands) are an incredible sight to see and experience. But the highlight for us was being able to take part in a "Traditional Family Stay" on the island of Amantani. The family we stayed with were so welcoming and truly happy to have us visit with them. We contacted Southern Crossings to make all of the arrangements for our first trip to Peru and they put together a wonderful itinerary for us...they delivered on everything they promised and then some. Every aspect of our trip went according to plan, from our airport pick-ups, to our private guides (who were all very knowledgeable and easy to talk to) and even when we encountered a "hiccup", the staff at Southern Crossings addressed and remedied the situation in an extremely timely manner. We would recommend Southern Crossings for everyone who is planning a trip to Peru - these guys know what they are doing! We told them what we'd like to see and do in the time we had alloted, and they put together an amazing itinerary for us. We will definitely be using Southern Crossings again in the future (perhaps Bolivia next year)! We have been home for three weeks now and we are still SMILING!!! Thank you "everyone" at Southern Crossings!

10. Re: Southern Crossings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, December 16, 2013