We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't book with chimu clowns....

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
Don't book with chimu clowns....

Worst experience ever with chimu adv the lot of them couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery.....they don't know what they are doing and only intersted in making a buck off you they might have been to s. america and think they own it but really they are less than competent in arranging travel there, the london office is like the mickey mouse club - some aussie that can't string a sentence together and an english girl that pretends to be nice to you on the phone then slags you off behind your back...charming and no education......only interested in taking your c. card details off you beware!!!!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
reviews: 74
1. Re: Don't book with chimu clowns....

All you've offered is badmouthing here--how about describing specific incidents?

London
reviews: 73
2. Re: Don't book with chimu clowns....

All of your six posts in various forums seem to be inflammatory posts about Chimu Adventures. My experience of them, as well as a few others that I have met in South America, has been pretty good.

London
reviews: 31
3. Re: Don't book with chimu clowns....

We have now been away on a Chimu Adventures arranged trip for over two months, leaving the UK on 25th January (travelling via two week stop over in New York). So far we have visited Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia and we are currently in Peru and todate, we have only had one minor hic-cup in Bolivia, which was nothing to do with Chimu. We have been keeping a rough spreadsheet of a breakdown of the activities which Chimu have made on our behalf and so far this equates to: 24 taxi transfers, 47 hotel bookings, 2 ferry crossings, 21 tours, 6 flights and 8 bus journeys. Totally reliable and we cannot rate Chimu highly enough.

reviews: 59
4. Re: Don't book with chimu clowns....

Chimu review

My husband and I returned from our 4 week trip to South America yesterday. The whole trip was organized by Ben at the Sunshine Coast Chimu office and ran like clockwork.....we couldn't have been happier. Chimu booked all of the flights (17 in all), transfers, hotels and tours included in our trip. Now...others have said you can do it cheaper locally and yes I don't doubt it at all, but there is a huge language barrier in some places (we even had trouble in some places ordering a cup of tea with milk...and I'm not kidding!), so with this in mind would you risk organizing your own trip in a country with such diverse culture and language differences to Australia and the fact that there is a lot of local tour operators in SA just wanting to make living and do you know what quality of service you are going to get? It was truly worth the peace of mind knowing Chimu had done this ground work for us and they did use all of the highest quality tour operators on offer everywhere we went. In some places, the airport staff could not speak English well so even trying to find out the simplistic things were a trial. We spoke to loads of travelers whilst we were there and some had been disappointed by their tour organizers but everyone we spoke to from Chimu, had been extremely happy. Yes you travel from place to place independently (not as a tour group), but you meet up with people everywhere (some you bump into again and again which is good).

The vehicles we were transported in were always of a good quality, the transfer people were well presented and spoke fairly good English, the hotels were good 3 star quality (some 4 star in Australian standards), when we arrived at a new destination, we were given a printed itinerary with pick up times for each tour and transfer and a local emergency contact number in case of unexpected problems.

Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 34
5. Re: Don't book with chimu clowns....

CHIMU was a nightmare for us too. Too many things went wrong in our 4 weeks tour with them - a lot of things that were promised were not followed through on. I will write my own review to give details.

Launceston...
6. Re: Don't book with chimu clowns....

has anyone had any experiences with the antartic 11 day cruises with chimu adventures if so any pre warnings before the trip in jan 2014

Brisbane, Australia
7. Re: Don't book with chimu clowns....

Howdy , I went to Antarctica with Chimu, to the Peninsula last season and it was mindblowingly excellent.... everything went like clock work... happy days! Enjoy.

Launceston...
8. Re: Don't book with chimu clowns....

Thanks nev NEIL

9. Re: Don't book with chimu clowns....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 11, 2014