We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peru Agency for Salkantay trek

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
Peru Agency for Salkantay trek

Hi

Has anyone used Peru Agency.com in Cusco for trek tours to Salkantay (or any others) before? We have got a quote for a 5 day , 4 night tour for $200USD per person which seems cheap? Other tour operators eg Llama Path have quoted $470.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
1. Re: Peru Agency for Salkantay trek

How about Auqui tours ?

Amsterdam
2. Re: Peru Agency for Salkantay trek

We hear good reports from peru planet

Friends of us went with them on the inca trail and told us it was great

They sended us proposal for salkantay in small group for 365 usd because the incatrail is full till beginning of august

On their website they have manny attractive options for trekkings around cusco www.peru-planet.net

Good luck !

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
3. Re: Peru Agency for Salkantay trek

andeantravelweb.com/peru/treks/salkantay.html

That is quite low there are several parts they are probably

skipping like the best part that goest through the Sun Gate to MP

www.qente.com www.pmexploers.com 2 approved providers

ALWAYS pay with CC never wire money lots of scammers...

Bangor, Northern...
reviews: 52
4. Re: Peru Agency for Salkantay trek

try Llamapath?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
5. Re: Peru Agency for Salkantay trek

I just completed the Salkantay Trek in June. It was absolutely breathtaking!

One thing I was reassured of - no matter how good of a tour company you go with - it will be just that - a tour. We've come across several groups on our independent hike and were in a hurry to get away from them as quickly as possible.

If you truly want to enjoy the nature and the serenity of the Andes - go on your own. It's not complicated at all, and it's free, so you save ~$200++

You are also free to make the hike anywhere from 2 to 5 days without being dependent on the tour company's schedule or departure dates.

I put together a detailed account of our trip and it is meant to be a comprehensive guide for a backpacker looking to do the Salkantay trek independently: http://salkantaytrekmachupicchu.blogspot.com/

I really hope it helps you guys!

6. Re: Peru Agency for Salkantay trek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 19, 2011