We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yucay ?

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 1
Yucay ?

Our trip is about to happen, we leave on the 4th of Dec for a month in Peru! I'm still wondering about where we should stay in the Sacred Valley. We plan to be there for four nights prior to MP (with our two boys 9 & 12). I currently have a reservation at the Sonesta in Yucay. (I looked at Kuychi Rumi but it's quite a bit more expensive so chose not to stay there). I've also looked at Ollantaytambo but it seems so much further from all the other towns.

The questions are: what is the town of Yucay like? Are there restaurants, shops and people, or is it just a suburb, so to speak, of Urubamba. Will it be a good base for us to visit all of the Sacred Valley sites? Will we have to use taxi's to get anywhere or is there good bus service that isn't too expensive to see all the surrounding towns and sites?

I need a little perspective on this. Thanks for helping me out with this last piece of the puzzle.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
1. Re: Yucay ?

I do not know how you say the KR is more expensive than the Sonesta Yucay.

At the KR you can get a cottage for 4 people at $140 a night while at the Sonesta it will cost you $165 for a triple room plus $25 for the extra bed.

Yucay is a very small town on the road between Pisac and Urubamba.You can get buses or taxi to the dfferent sites in the SV.

Seattle
2. Re: Yucay ?

I was confirmed a rate of $95 at the Sonesta with three double beds which seemed like a good deal. (maybe too good?). I booked thru the 800 number. Early December maybe they are having a promotion.

I"m just hoping we aren't too isolated, but I guess we'll just cab or bus around! THanks for your help on this and other posts.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
3. Re: Yucay ?

Great rate !!

Go for it.

Taxis are cheap in Peru anyway.

West Palm Beach...
4. Re: Yucay ?

Sonesta seems to be offering some amazing rates on the internet. Even better then we travel agents can get from them so go for it. Yucay is a wonderful village and you will enjoy it immensely.

Seattle
5. Re: Yucay ?

I think I'll stay put. Thanks for your help!

6. Re: Yucay ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 pm, September 14, 2009