We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arequipa to Puno overnight bus

Which Arequipa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
873 posts
81 reviews
Arequipa to Puno overnight bus

Can someone advise on the different overnight buses from Arequipa to Puno? I am planning to take a midnight bus in Arequipa so that I will arrive in Puno around 5am. As far as I can find on the net, there are only two companies:

1. Sur Oriente - but this leaves Arequipa at 9.15pm and arrives in Puno at 3am

2. Julsa - but this is a local bus without aircon and it may be uncomfortable with lots of chickens inside

I am hoping to travel at least comfortably because it's overnight so it would be good to catch some hours of sleep, however fragmented. Thank you.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
244 reviews
1. Re: Arequipa to Puno overnight bus

I am sure there are more. You can just go to the terminal (in fact there are 3 terminals side by side) and check out all the companies, as well as the type of bus they offer.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
873 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Arequipa to Puno overnight bus

Thanks I read that the terminals may be dangerous will robberies being rampant. As I am travelling alone at night, I guess I will just have to be extra cautious.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
244 reviews
3. Re: Arequipa to Puno overnight bus

Don't worry so much , the terminals are safe, you must just take care of your belongings, like in all bus terminals and train stations in the world.

The area around the terminals may indeed not be very safe.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
113 posts
4. Re: Arequipa to Puno overnight bus

The bus terminals are relatively safe. there are security guards and policemen. Of course, keep an eye on your belongings all the time. BTW, Julsa it's not too bad. they have semi-cama seats.

5. Re: Arequipa to Puno overnight bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 08, 2014