Later this year we will be traveling to Peru and will go from Puno to Arequipa. We would like to do Puno-Colca-Arequipa on a 2D/1N tour.
1. Is it recommended to book a tour in advance if traveling in early June?
2. How do you buy tickets for 4M express (the payment page is grossly broken). We would like to use 4M for the long distance travels (P->C & C->A)
3. Some tour companies offering the whole 2D/1N are asking for passport #s to make a reservation. I do not feel comfortable handing out my passport numbers to strangers in another country.
4. Some hotels and tours are asking me to put a significant deposit using PayPal. During the grace period, how easy is it to deal with cancellations if such a need arises.
5. We will be traveling in early June - Would we be able to book the 2D/1N colca tour when we get to Puno? We will be in Puno for only 2 nights and 1 day. Just did not want better tours with better hotels in Chivay/Yunque to get sold out when we get to Puno.
Thanks for any recommendations/ guidance.