We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day excursions from Arequipa?

Which Arequipa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
reviews: 148
Day excursions from Arequipa?

We might have a free day or two between Misti climb and would like to check out the options for some day trips in Arequipa.

What would you recommend, any day walk, etc...

Thank you for any suggestion

Lima, Peru
reviews: 109
1. Re: Day excursions from Arequipa?

Convent of Santa Catalina

Santo Domingo Church, look into the tiny chappel inside the church, it is beautiful!

Molino de Sabandia

Kamloops, Canada
reviews: 27
2. Re: Day excursions from Arequipa?

Have you considered a tour into Colca Canyon? My wife and I arranged our 2-day Colca Tour through the place we stayed in Arequipa and paid about $25 per person.

andeantravelweb.com/peru/destinations/arequi…

London, United...
reviews: 522
3. Re: Day excursions from Arequipa?

I went to the Colca Canyon as well with our tour.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 100
4. Re: Day excursions from Arequipa?

Yes. Arequipa is the pitstop for Colca Canyon. But have a walk around this nice city too as mentioned by Falco.

Colorado
reviews: 148
5. Re: Day excursions from Arequipa?

thank you for the replies.

Colca canyon may be a stretch for 1 day trip.

Has anyone been to Sogay waterfall, would you recommend it?

Does anyone know about the Yure hot springs, are they nice, clean?

Lima, Peru
reviews: 109
6. Re: Day excursions from Arequipa?

I have never being there but from google it seems that each one would be a one day tour, being Yure easier to do.

Boston...
reviews: 45
7. Re: Day excursions from Arequipa?

Hi,

I have done Sogay (I live in Arequipa) and it's a nice waterfall and a nice day trip. The walk to it is easy though not terribly interesting but you can visit some old cave paintings along the way.

I would choose Colca over Sogay though if you can only do 1. 1 day is not ideal for Colca but it's doable and better than nothing I would say.

Peru
8. Re: Day excursions from Arequipa?

Last time I was in Arequipa I did a mountain biking trip down Picchu Picchu and had a great time. It is dusty though, so if you go be sure to bring a bandana or something to cover your face a bit.

Of course, my #1 pick for how to spend a day in Arequipa is at the Convent de Santa Catalina. Simply beautiful.

Have fun!

Laura (Peru For Less)

Auckland
reviews: 44
9. Re: Day excursions from Arequipa?

We are in Arequipa now, definitely Santa Catalina it's an absolutely gorgeous place to wander around. Also did a 4 hour bs tour to some of the other suburbs, some stopping points were a bit pointless but some were intresting and it was a good way to see the outlying areas. We looked into a one day Colca trip but it left at 4 am so we opted for the 2 day one and leave tomorrow. Whatever you decide to do this is a lovely city to spend time.

Singapore, Singapore
10. Re: Day excursions from Arequipa?

May I know which tour company did you go with to Colca Canyon? Was it good? Thank you.