We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peru For Less- Excellent Travel Agency

Which Peru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scranton, PA
reviews: 17
Peru For Less- Excellent Travel Agency

Just returned from a two-week tour of Peru with Peru for Less.

The tours, guides, restaurants, and hotels were wonderful and far beyond what we had hoped for. Spencer (out of Lima) helped us every step of the way and even substituted a great alternative trip when there were strikes and protests in one area. The English-speaking guides were informative, helpful, kind, and met us at every stop. We have traveled a lot and with many different agencies. Just wish that Peru for Less had a branch in every country. Many thanks to Spencer (in Lima), Kathleen (in Cuzco) and to all of your staff!

198 replies to this topic
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
1. Re: Peru For Less- Excellent Travel Agency

Great tks for the report.

Dallas, Texas
2. Re: Peru For Less- Excellent Travel Agency

Thanks for the post! I'm booked with Peru for Less too and can't wait to go on my trip at the end of the month. Did they provide you with an emergency cell phone while you were there in Peru? I saw on someone else earlier post that they gave them an emergency cell phone there.

Scranton, PA
reviews: 17
3. Re: Peru For Less- Excellent Travel Agency

Passion Traveler from Dallas,

Yes, they gave us a 24 hour emergency phone, cell phone numbers, and

when we lost a piece of luggage, they found it, and then brought it to us the next morning. And our hotel was more than an hour away! Very good, professional, helpful service. Peru is a very poor country, and because things are so inexpensive there, we tip (generously) just as a we would in the US. You will have a great experience with PFL. Take precautions for the altitude. ¡Buen viaje!

Lima, Peru
4. Re: Peru For Less- Excellent Travel Agency

Dear passion_traveler80,

We're excited to have you travel with us next month! Don't hesitate to ask your Travel Advisor about any questions or concerns you have regarding pre-travel. We want to ensure your trip is an absolute success! Happy packing!

Sacramento...
5. Re: Peru For Less- Excellent Travel Agency

PeruFor Less did an incredible job regarding our trip to Machu Picchu. Staci Steele made our dream trip a reality. We were trying to see our sons who had gone on a private 9 day trek and meet them for a tour of Machu Picchu. She not only co-ordinated our trip but contacted our sons agency and we met them when they arrived in Aguas Calientes. Staci was extremely thorough and followed up on every detail. Our drivers were courteous and knowledgeable. Our city tour of Cusco was wonderful. Hotel Maytaq was a great place to stay as well as the Sumaq in Aguas Calientes. I would highly recommend PeruForLess to any of my friends. Machu Picchu was one of my favorite trips.

Cathy and Bill from California

Texas
reviews: 22
6. Re: Peru For Less- Excellent Travel Agency

I too would second the integrity and honesty of this travel agency...I worked with Kristina Rudge specifically and would not hesitate to recommend her or this agency to anybody who is considering a trip to South America. I typically book everything myself but w/the complexity of this trip and the rates I was finding for the domestic airfare between Peru and Argentina we opted to work w/them.

We were looking for last minute travel at the end of Aug for about 12 days and she was very patient through the whole process. We finally had our plans finalized and were just waiting for hotel confirmations prior to submitting payment to them. Kristina actually sent a follow up email to me when she found out that the Bariloche aiport had been closed for some time due to the volcanic ash in Chile and that it was possible that the airlines could run on limited flights which could have posed significant travel delays for us. We Googled for flight delays and checked the airline websites and couldn't even find anything! She went out of her way to contact their local reps to get as much info for us as she could and offered alternate destinations so we could make the most informed decision as to whether or not we wanted to proceed with booking travel.

Ultimately, we ended up postponing our trip to avoid the unknown risks which was a huge disappointment for us but I could not thank her enough. She was so thorough and offered great advice the entire time. To find this level of integrity and honesty is unheard of...I think some people would have been too eager to sell a package (especially as far along in the process as we were!) but she was very understanding and advised how important it was for their customers to have the best trip possible. We cannot thank Peru for Less enough and I will certainly be booking something through them once the conditions have improved!

--Jen and John from Houston

Long Beach...
7. Re: Peru For Less- Excellent Travel Agency

Hi everyone,

Orignally my wife and I wanted to book our trip to Peru on our own, but I'm glad we didn't. Not that we couldn't have, but because Peru For Less just seem so much more easy and stress free. I would have only saved 200 dollars booking it on our own. Peru For Less is Legit and had super awesome tour guides and customer service. When we forgot our intinerary, they were a phone call way. From the time we landed in Lima, to the top of Machu Picchu, Peru For Less was there to guide and inform us. The tour guides were friendly and very knowledgeable. They made our trip to Peru, one of best experiences we shall remember. We plan to go back in the near future to hike the Inca Trail and we are definitely going through Peru For Less. Thanks for Everything.

Ames, IA
reviews: 14
8. Re: Peru For Less- Excellent Travel Agency

I would also agree, thus far. We are set to go to Peru in October and we have used Peru for Less to book our flight from LIM-CUZ and also for a rafting trip. So far, they have been great to deal with and Kelly has made it very easy for us. She even sent me email updates on her days off. Will report more after we get back!

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 1
9. Re: Peru For Less- Excellent Travel Agency

Rylee we enjoyed our trip and our arrangements in Cusco and Machu Piccu went without a hitch. Your staff in Cusco was especially helpful by monitoring our flight schedule and noting a last minute change which was well communicated to us. Changes in our trip to Macchu Piccu included a special trip to our hotel. We did not fill out all of the evaluation forms in Cusco but all of the guides and drivers did an excellent job. The hotel in Cusco was very nice and your staff also made some excellent recommendations for lunch and dinner.

The hotel in Buenos Aires was also fine , the the tango show was good and the tour guides were good. You might want to add a group to your itinerary in Buenos Aires called Buenos Aires Walks which we found on our own and believe they did a very good job.

The hotels in the other locations were also very good and the tour guides in all of the locations were exceptional. Those who met us at the airport were timely and helpful. Our tour guide to Valpariaso , Jose Dal Pozzo deserves special mention

We will certainly recommend Latin America for Less to our friends

Kingston, Jamaica
10. Re: Peru For Less- Excellent Travel Agency

I'd like to add my story to the chorus of positive experiences with Peru4less.

I travelled to Peru last year and went on the 4 day/3 night Cusco/sacred valley/Machu Picchu tour.

Courtesy of an affordable ticket to Peru I began my research into possible tour companies.

My research showed that they were highly recommended and went the extra mile to ensure my expectations were met and exceeded.

My great experience began with our bilingual guide who was knowledgeable and easy to understand with her Socal accent.

Cuzco was a blast with well organized tours, good transfers and the Casa Andina (3 stars) definitely lived up to expectations.

Btw everyone should check out the Irish pub in town which has great Guinness.

The sacred valley was also great with a knowledgeable guide who explained the area's history, showed photo ops and great places to eat.

Similiarly Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu was the highlight of the tour with its breathtaking vista and history.

In summary all of the criteria that I would look for with a tour company were met, transfers and lodging were great value for money, comfortable and convenient in the centre of town.

Guides were knowledgeable and fun and all the days had the right pacing and number of activities.

I'd also like to add that as an International traveller the varied payment options (Paypal, wire transfer, Credit Card) made it easy for me to book the trip.

Hope this helps anyone who is trying to come to a decision using them, I've recommended them to friends and will continue doing so.

Btw if anyone is interested I have some Peru photos up here -http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisgordon/sets/72157624891661598/

Reply to: Peru For Less- Excellent Travel Agency
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted