We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure-Life

USA
Adventure-Life

Hello,

Has anyone had any recent experience with booking through Adventure-Life?

Also, I'm looking at doing a 10-day cruise on the Darwin or the Aida Maria. The Darwin is quoted to me at $2515 USD and the Aida Maria at $2790.

I'd love to hear opinions on the company and the boats. The itineraries appear to be the same.

Thanks,

Carol

Quito, Ecuador
reviews: 2
1. Re: Adventure-Life

HI Carol,

Both of those seem like good prices for a 10 day cruise. You might want to base your choice on their itineraries. WIth a 10 day option no doubt either itinerary is fantastic, and you´ll definitely get a good tast for the islands! The Aida Maria falls into a slightly higher category of standard than the Darwin.

You could hone in on which has the better of the itineraries for the time period you wish to go.

Either way you´ll enjoy the Galapagos islands.

Quito, Ecuador
reviews: 129
2. Re: Adventure-Life

Carol,

I agree with Galapagos Expert.

Aida Maria is better than Darwin.

Booking trough local Ecuadorian companies is always better for Ecuador's economy.

Saludos cordiales,

Dennis Yepez

Minnesota
reviews: 3
3. Re: Adventure-Life

Hi Carol,

I have not traveled with Adventure Life to the Galapagos, but have used them for 4 other trips. My first trip with them was in 2005; I originally booked with because the price was right and had the itinerary I was looking nfor, but it defintely helped after learning adventure life reviews all there hotels, guides ... often and has local offices. The first trip with them, just made me hungry for more. I had the most fantastic time... When I was in Peru, I actually met with a staff member who was there searching out a new tour and she checked in with us. Regarding booking specific questions -- they were on top of my questions (and I always have more than I like to admit). One hang-up, they are not open on the weekends, and this is usually when it is most convenient for me to talk on the phone; but email communication was handled quickly. I'd go back to them this year (they have alumni discounts that of course are welcomed), but I have ireland on my to-do list this year -- Adventure Life is Latin Americ only. Not to tangent, but if you have any experiences with ireland operators, I'm all ears.

I heard some Galapagos ships are switching over to a new 15-day itinerary... are the Darwin or Aida Maria on of these?

Hope that helps!

Minnesota
reviews: 3
4. Re: Adventure-Life

(please excuse my typos! butterfingers...)

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
reviews: 17
5. Re: Adventure-Life

All ships are switching to a 14 night itinerary during which time they cannot visit the same place twice. The Park service has imposed this as a measure to reduce visitor impacts on sites, and improve visitor experience.

The 15 day itineraries must be in place by Jan 2012 - though some ships have started them already. Some ships simply do 2 7 night trips, others will cut the 14 nights in 5+4+5 etc. etc...

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

6. Re: Adventure-Life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 20, 2012