We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Quito to Galapagos

Virgina
Flights from Quito to Galapagos

Does anyone have any tips on booking a flight from Quito to Galapagos? I have been trying to do some research and would like to have a ticket in hand before I leave, but am having trouble.

Thank you!!

Philadelphia Suburbs
reviews: 82
1. Re: Flights from Quito to Galapagos

You can book flights to the Galapagos with Aero Gal. Use this link

http://www.aerogal.com.ec/

Berkshire
2. Re: Flights from Quito to Galapagos

Alternatively there is Tame airlines.

http://www3.tame.com.ec/eng/index.htm

Denver, CO
3. Re: Flights from Quito to Galapagos

I've been having the same problem. I've tried booking on TAME's website, but it's been out of service for over a month. I finally emailed their sales office at reservas@tame.com.ec, and got a confirmation number, but they don't seem to want to take my money.

I'm a little nervous about not having a "firm" confirmation, but it sounds like you just pay when you show up at the airport.

Can anyone confirm this for me? I'd like to use TAME instead of Aerogal, because we're flying from Quito to Galapagos to Guayaquil. Aerogal's website won't let me book that way. They will only let me book roundtrip from Quito.

Madrid, Spain
4. Re: Flights from Quito to Galapagos

Hi denverfam, don't worry about the reservation, other member of the forum said that he/she has travelled several times with Tame and never had a problem with the reservation, that they always held it until he arrived to the country and could pay then and there.

Denver, CO
5. Re: Flights from Quito to Galapagos

Thanks for the info, Kalimatrip. I feel a little better...

Virgina
6. Re: Flights from Quito to Galapagos

Hi there,

I apologize for not replying sooner. What I ended up doing, and I guess I'll find out soon if it was a smart idea, but I ended up having the hotel where I am staying arrange my flight.

I guess I just wanted to be sure I didn't mess it up.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 28
7. Re: Flights from Quito to Galapagos

I think you did the right thing! I tried to book our tickets through Tame's website and gave up. Our hotel booked it for us, but they only will give you the acutal confirmation number a few months a head of time! My suggestion...make sure that your hotel has paid for the ticket AND you have the confirmation number. Ask them to reconfirm it for you at least 24 hours before your flight.

Kootenays
reviews: 7
8. Re: Flights from Quito to Galapagos

I booked flights through Happy Gringo in Quito. They reconfirmed my flights and delivered the tickets to my hotel.

9. Re: Flights from Quito to Galapagos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 24, 2009