We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone travelled on the M/C Anahi

Shreveport
Has anyone travelled on the M/C Anahi

We would like advice on our Galapagos Islands cruise booking. We are planning to visit the archipelago in October this year and have been reviewing boats and we really like this new boat called M/C Anahi.

They say it has just been refurbished in May eventhough it was brand new in June 2006.

Please let us know your comments...

Thanks in advance

Auckland
1. Re: Has anyone travelled on the M/C Anahi

Dear Laurels

Hi, we are a family from New Zealand and We just got back from a trip on the Anahi last week.

All I can say is that it was amazing, we booked it with Andean Travel Company.

We were onboard with the owner and his family. We actually met the little girl called Anahi whom the boat

is named after. We had a blast. We booked an upper deck suite.

Me and my family have travelled on boats all over the world and have been on many nice boats,

the Anahi is one of the finest, the cabins are extremely spacious and the bathrooms are the nicest

I have seen on any small yacht.

My 7 year old son had a great time, the guide Enrique and the host Gaby were really friendly and made

sure he enjoyed his trip. Enrique was very eloquent when it came to briefing us on the unique

nature of the Islands, he was strict as well when having us abide to National Park regulations.

The Islands are a full chapter, it is a once in a lifetime trip, the wildlife is amazing we got to be

extremely close to sea lions, blue footed boobies and the fun to watch Albatross.

We snorkelled with penguins. I must warn you that the water is ice cold...(who said the equatorial sea was warm) fortunately they do

have wetsuits on board for rent. The snorkelling equipment is free and in good condition for

all sizes.

The food was good and specially the snacks when we returned from excursions, we were greeted with all

types of pastries and fresh fruit juices. Although I do have to say that they could improve their coffee... they use a local

organic brand from the Galapagos which is not that good...

We became really good friends with Hugo the owner. He will be visiting us in NZ next year. We will

give him a guided tour of our Chocolate chip cookie factory.

We can only recommend the Anahi and its wonderful crew. A true option for travellers who want some extra comfort and stability.

NZchocolate

Ecuador
reviews: 11
2. Re: Has anyone travelled on the M/C Anahi

Hi Chip,

I am glad to see your post and to hear you had a wonderfull time. I enjoyed very much guiding your family in the Galapagos.

Hope you had a nice trip back to NZ. I look forward to getting the box of your cookies in the mail.

Galapago

galapagoscruise.com.ec

los angeles
reviews: 2
3. Re: Has anyone travelled on the M/C Anahi

anyone else who has been on the anahi recently please let me know how it was since i am planning on booking the anahi for 5/08. i am a bit concerned because of some negative posts from 2 individuals who were on the anahi trip on april 2007.

NY
4. Re: Has anyone travelled on the M/C Anahi

Dear virnamarie,

We booked our trip on board the Anahi with Contiki tours in New York.

I have never had such a wonderful experience in my life. they put together the PERFECT itinerary for me, my family and our friends, the Coins. Never have I met such a great group of outstanding professionals, from our driver and tour director in Quito to the most wonderful boat in the Galapagos fleet, the Anahi. And our accommodations at the Marriott were ideal.

Steve W

boston, ma
reviews: 13
5. Re: Has anyone travelled on the M/C Anahi

We will be on the Anahi Aug.24-31st.

the New Zealand reply was very helpful.

We will let you know our experience when we return.

NZchocolate mentioned the coffee not being too good. Is it espresso? I was thinking of bringing instant espresso. Good coffee is KEY. Also, I know the islands are exceptionally beautiful, but is there a DVD player for the less adventurous?

Is snorkeling equipment clean enough?

Any kind of phone or internet service?

Thanks so much! Can't wait!

Ithaca, NY
reviews: 7
6. Re: Has anyone travelled on the M/C Anahi

Just came back from our week aboard the Anahi (August 10-17, 2007).

The four of us had a great time and found the service first class. Our very knowledgeable naturalists Enrique and Andree (each was there for half the trip), together with Gaby, as "tour director", cooperated to anticipate the needs and wishes of a diverse group of 16 passengers, ranging in age from 11 - 78 years, from the US and Canada.

A few observations:

Everything on the ship worked fine: A/C, hot water, zodiacs, etc. The crew was helpful and professional. The food was varied, tasty and adequate, with some nice touches. Don't expect five-star meals, this is a boat not a resort hotel. The jacuzzi was never used.

Almost all the longer distances are covered at night and while the catamaran is a very stable platform, you will be aware at times of the rumble of the engines and the movement of the ship through the waters.

Our naturalists were excellent and their advance briefings informative.

In addition to the land excursions, snorkeling is a key activity. We all used wet suits as water temperatures were around 65-68F (18-20C). If you are not a snorkeler, you will miss something here.

boston, ma
reviews: 13
7. Re: Has anyone travelled on the M/C Anahi

Thank you very much for your reply regarding the Anahi. It sounds like you had a great time.

Can you tell me about the weather? Was it cool air, but hot in the sun? Did you need a rain jacket? Did you need anything warmer than a sweatshirt? What did you wear for the land excursions? Did you bring a reusable water bottle or is water available for land excursions? Was there anything that you wished you had brought but didn't think of it at the time?

Is there a DVD player on the boat?

Thank you so, so much. We are leaving tomorrow morning!

8. Re: Has anyone travelled on the M/C Anahi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 07, 2009