We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Hotels

Which Quito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
reviews: 1
Airport Hotels

I am trying to decide between Casa d'Campo Tababela Hotel Botique and Su Merced to spend one day after arriving in Quito and before taking off to Coca. Does anyone have any thoughts on these two hotels- which is easier to get to from the airport and which might be most enjoyable for one day of just hanging out? We have decided that going into town for one day is not worth it- long trip in at midnight, longer trip out at 6 am.

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 156
11. Re: Airport Hotels

Not much time at all, if you stay somewhere near where the main highway enters Quito. On my arrival night we left the airport around 10 pm and even dropping off another party nearby I was at the Marriott by 10:30 pm.

There are a number of alternatives that circle the La Carolina Park but I would try to stay north of La Mariscal to avoid the Saturday night "activities".

Denver, Colorado
12. Re: Airport Hotels

We would be going to the Marriott if we went into town. So, an hour there on what would be Sunday morning, then back to the airport either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning for a 9am flight. I would guess that Monday morning might be a nightmarish trip- and if Sunday afternoon we would have come in for what amounted to several hours of being awake, only to then go back out.And of course- the Marriott would try to kick us out by what- 11am? I clearly am still playing this out in my head.

california
Destination Expert
13. Re: Airport Hotels

My recommendation would be to go to the Marriott Saturday night when you arrive and sleep there (extraordinarily comfortable and quiet rooms). Taxi from the booth at the airport is about $25, give or take a few. No need to prearrange pickup. Marriott will hold your luggage if you decide to do a day of sightseeing (and maybe they have late checkout on weekends?)

I would then ask the airport hotel to arrange your transfer from Quito and to the airport on Sunday, say after a late afternoon meal. In fact Pablo himself (one of the owners from Su Merced ) seems to do the airport transfers, he may be willing to pick you up in Quito, or at least be sure that you pay a reasonable price. (I think the Marriott charges too much).

The Marriott is not far from a few of the shopping centers, could take a taxi to Quicentro which is a big modern mall that includes a supermarket, ATMs, etc. The main stop for the Hop On Bus is just a block or so from Quicentro so you could also do that loop.

Edited: 12:59 pm, October 27, 2013
california
Destination Expert
14. Re: Airport Hotels

A few other comments: Marriott and Su Merced both held excess luggage me for longer than a day..in fact for over a week in each case. So if you are coming back in to Quito you can just travel carryon for your flight to Coca.

If your flight is at 9 am and you stay near the airport, you won't need to leave the hotel before 7 am. I had an 8:45 international flight and a boarding pass. Even needing to do bag drop at American, leaving Su Merced at 6:15 was unnecessary.

It isn't a big airport and security was pretty efficient. The bigger wait is at airline desks if you need bag drop or checkin. Can't speak to Coca flghts though.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 108
15. Re: Airport Hotels

There is some sense in doing as mlgb suggests, but if you aren't comfortable with it, think the two different hotels or lipuggage is a hassle, thespre is no reason you can't stick to your plan odpf staying near airport, and if you wake up with energy, then decide then to go into town for the day/evening. You won't have to unpack and repack, or stress about finding a cab after midnigt and after flying all day,

Denver, Colorado
16. Re: Airport Hotels

I like that idea a lot. I could have an outing in mind if, and only if, we felt like it. The taxi fares would be about the same and only one hotel to hassle with. Thank you- I probably would not have come up with that idea. And there are things outside of Quito, I think, that could be explored.

california
Destination Expert
17. Re: Airport Hotels

You won't need to worry about finding a taxi at the airport at midnight so that should not be a factor. At midnight it will take virtually the same time to get to JW Marriott as to an airport hotel (maybe 10 minutes more). Different than if you were going to stay in Old Town Quito btw. There are a few other convenience factors (such as having wifi that works in the room) to be considered.

As to packing unpacking, it seems to make no difference to me whether I spend one night or 10, the same amount seems to come out of the bag!

Your transport costs between the two options, not sure...either way it will be $50 round trip in to Quito by taxi, and around $30 r/t for the airport hotel (for Su Merced, don't know about the other choicesl. Maybe you can find a taxi that charges slightly less to go from Quito back to the airport hotel (I paid $20 but tipped him excessively).

It may cost extra to buy all meals at the hotels, I think. And there won't be any choice.

Edited: 3:59 pm, October 27, 2013
18. Re: Airport Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 29, 2014