We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Year Studet Visa

Which Quito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quito, Ecuador
reviews: 25
One Year Studet Visa

I am anxious to develop conversational skills in the Spanish language. After reviewing the highly recommended schools in Quito I concluded that CRISTOBAL COLON had the ideal program for me. The owner and director, Jose, promptly responded to my numerous questions. He also provided all of the documents required to obtain a one year student visa which I now have. I would be pleased to respond to any questions you may have.

Quito, Ecuador
reviews: 121
1. Re: One Year Studet Visa

So you actually have the visa? And what was the process like? Did you just have to go to the ministerio office on 10 de agosto and everything went smoothly? and what documents did you get from your school and what was the requirement from the school to provide you with the documents? was there a minimum number of hours you had to sign up for or anything else? My gf is going to try this route soon since her other visa was denied.

Thanks

Montego Bay, Jamaica
2. Re: One Year Studet Visa

Great. How did the application for the student visa went and what were the requirements? Also your experience with the Ecuador embassy/

Thanks

Mike

Quito, Ecuador
3. Re: One Year Studet Visa

anyone else have any info to share on this topic?

Quito, Ecuador
4. Re: One Year Studet Visa

The Ecuador embassy in NYC was very helpful. They wil lprovide u with a list of required documents. You need to be enrolled in a school in Ecuador, The school I recommended was able to provide me with everything II required

Quito, Ecuador
5. Re: One Year Studet Visa

Can anyone be more specific as to what the list of required documents are and share more details about the process? Especially dealing with the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Quito. I am looking for more specific answer since things in Ecuador are always changing and you get different answers depends on who you ask. Even the official government websites are often out of date and incorrect.

Anyways according to the official Ministry of Foreign Affairs website of Ecuador the requirements are (copied and pasted directly):

1. Visa Application Form with passport-size photographs on a white background, to fill the form visit www.mmrree.gob.ec.

2. Registration or admission certificate from a recognized Ecuadorian Educational Institution. The applicant must demonstrate that his/her studies will be for at least six months within a consecutive period of one year.

3. The applicant must demonstrate that he/she will receive a credit from a national or foreign institution, that he/she has the necessary resources for individual or family living or has a deposit in a national or international bank in Ecuador for at least $ 1,000 for the school year (Article 43 of the Immigration Law), this deposit will allow the student to withdraw funds, on a monthly basis, for their living.

I am seeking clarification to #3, I´ve heard other people receiving student visas to study at language schools here but since they are not receiving credit...

And how do you prove you have the necessary financial resources? Can you just print off a bank statement from your U.S. bank? or the wording here makes it sound like it has to be a bank in Ecuador? or at least an international bank that has branches in Ecuador.

Thanks for your help.

Quito, Ecuador
6. Re: One Year Studet Visa

My processing was done by the Ecuador consul in NYC, I just gave them a copy of my American bank statement. I suggest you contact Joae at Christopher Colon school . He knows all of the requirements

7. Re: One Year Studet Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 16, 2014