We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to ecuador from nov 18th to dec 4th

Which Quito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kiel...
reviews: 7
going to ecuador from nov 18th to dec 4th

Hello,

i am a 28 ys old woman from germany and I am going to do a 2.5 week trip to ecuador. i am going on my own and am looking for advice and perhaps someone to meet there. starting my trip in quito on nov 18th and flying back on dec 4th from guayaquil. the rest in between is pretty unplaned now. my idea is to go to otavalo and banos.

can anyone recommend a hostel (cheap but good) and some place in quito where i can go to meet fellow travelers (who are also alone).

perhaps someone of you is even willing to meet me there? :)

hoping for a few replys

Steffi

Quito, Ecuador
1. Re: going to ecuador from nov 18th to dec 4th

Hi Steffi

My name is Jose, I´m working in hospitality industry, with pleasure I could help you in anything you need.

A very good place to meet fellow travelers is the Mariscal area, it is in the new town, very good area, plenty of bars, discos, pubs.

With respect to your tours to Otavalo and Baños theres no problem, Otavalo is 2 hours, Baños is 3.5 hours from Quito, by bus.

My personal email address is vjmov@yahoo.es just in case..

Cheers

Jose :)

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 119
2. Re: going to ecuador from nov 18th to dec 4th

There are a number of nice hostels in Quito, especially in the Mariscal area. Check out a Lonely Planet guide book or other guide to start or just do an internet search. El Cafecito seemed to be a popular one as is Hostal Backpackers Inn but I have not stayed in either. Trip Advisor reviews of El Cafecito don't seem to be all that great. Otovalo and Banos are both worth the trip. I understand that crime is higher in Guayaquil than other cities so be careful there. A good place to meet fellow travelers in the Mariscal is Finn McCool's pub which seems to be a magnet for visitors from the US and Europe.

3. Re: going to ecuador from nov 18th to dec 4th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, December 20, 2012
4. Re: going to ecuador from nov 18th to dec 4th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 22, 2013