We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay in Santiago and Valparaiso

Which Valparaiso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
reviews: 60
Places to stay in Santiago and Valparaiso

My spouse and I will be travelling from Mendoza to Santiago by bus. We would like to know of a good hotel or B&B a short walk from the bus station. I have read forums and I know what we should see and do. Also would like a hotel or B&B close to either the bus terminal or cruise terminal (Pacifico S) in Vaparaiso.

As we will have a large bag each, walking far is not an option. If we can take the subway/metro, that would be fine too.

I did note that some places offer to pick one up at the airport and have some kind of vehicle transport to offer.

Thank you

NEW YORK
reviews: 6
1. Re: Places to stay in Santiago and Valparaiso

I usually stay at this apart-hotel in Providencia. It is located about 2 block from the subway and from there you access any of the bus terminals (I’m not sure which bus terminal you are referring to).

Here is the website, rooms are very comfortable and price is unbeatable.

www.apartahoteltobalaba.cl

Good luck.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 22
2. Re: Places to stay in Santiago and Valparaiso

You don't really want to stay anywhere near a bus terminal. There's more than one, by the way. Nothing is more than a short taxi ride or metro trip away. There are 'official' taxis at the TurBus terminal, not sure about the others.

Have you looked through the downtown hotels? If it is a short stay you might want to stay in town.

I don't really know much about Valparaiso hotels and B&Bs but a taxi to the cruise terminal should be a short ride from most.

3. Re: Places to stay in Santiago and Valparaiso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:38 pm, January 05, 2007
Ontario
4. Re: Places to stay in Santiago and Valparaiso

Thank you for your advice. I sure we can manage the subway, as we have managed stairs at airports in the past with our luggage.

I have no idea where the bus terminals are in Santiago nor in Valparaiso. We thought this would be a good way to travel, since we will be in Buenos Aires travelling to Mendoza by bus, and then from there via bus to Santiago.

We have travelled on the long distance buses in Argentina and love it. Maybe slower, but definitely more comfortable and better service that any airline travel in North America.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 22
5. Re: Places to stay in Santiago and Valparaiso

Try to get a TurBus from Mendoza to Santiago as they have their own station which is connected to a metro station. If staying downtown, just take a taxi to your hotel. Valparaiso has just one bus station.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
reviews: 7
6. Re: Places to stay in Santiago and Valparaiso

You do not mention how much time you plan to spend in either Santiago or Valparaiso. Where to stay depends a little on that. In downtown Santiago there are lots of hotels which can reached by taxi. Taxis are still cheap in Santiago just makes sure it has an orange licence plate.

Ontario
7. Re: Places to stay in Santiago and Valparaiso

Thank you for your help. We are planning a couple of nights in Santiago , as I believe that the buses arrive in the afternoon/evening from Mendoza, and that would give us the one evening and then a full day in Santiago.

We are also planning 2 nights in Valparaiso so as to see the sights on the day in between. If we feel we need more nights, then it is a good excuse to return.

8. Re: Places to stay in Santiago and Valparaiso

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:38 pm, January 05, 2007
9. Re: Places to stay in Santiago and Valparaiso

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

Removed on: 8:04 pm, January 08, 2007
10. Re: Places to stay in Santiago and Valparaiso

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:26 am, August 22, 2009