We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valparaiso to Santiago

Which Valparaiso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Preston
reviews: 24
Valparaiso to Santiago

I am thinking of booking a cruise which finishes at Valparaiso but then I fly home from Santiago airport. The two are approximately 70 miles apart. Is there a quick/cheap way to get to the airport from the cruise terminal in Valparaiso?

29 replies to this topic
Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
1. Re: Valparaiso to Santiago

Regular comfotable buses to Santiago. Taxi to and from bus stations.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
2. Re: Valparaiso to Santiago

Take the bus to the Pajaritos metro ( subway) station from Valparaiso and from there a taxi to the airport or the airport bus.

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
reviews: 7
3. Re: Valparaiso to Santiago

Buses go everywhere in South America. There is very little rail service.

How many buses? We sat at a café in central Valparaiso and counted the number of buses passing our window. Over 500 in one hour. Including city buses, more than five hundred an hour!

David

Preston
4. Re: Valparaiso to Santiago

Wow! Some going to Santiago Airport I hope!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 20
5. Re: Valparaiso to Santiago

Nothing goes directly from Valparaíso to the airport in Santiago. Read post number 2 on how to get between them.

Preston
6. Re: Valparaiso to Santiago

Do you know the single fare on the bus (Pullman, Tienda Leon, Tur Bus) from Valpairaiso to Santiago. Also which of the 3 companies would you say is best? Can I access a bus timetable in English on the internet?

Stanley, Falkland...
7. Re: Valparaiso to Santiago

Those companies have web sites. Fares can vary depending on time and seat type... Reclining etc.

I'm not sure there is much between the companies - they all run modern comfortable coaches and drive the exact same bit of tarmac.

I paid $2600 (Chilean) recently, but that may have been a return. Dirt cheap, basically. They leave every 15 minutes, so just turn up and buy a ticket for the next bus.

Edited: 12:13 pm, June 13, 2014
Stanley, Falkland...
8. Re: Valparaiso to Santiago

$2600 was Santiago to Valparaiso.

It was $3500 the other way.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 20
9. Re: Valparaiso to Santiago

Tienda Leon is an Argentine company which does airport transport in Buenos Aires.

Leszno
10. Re: Valparaiso to Santiago

Is it possible to get bus very early from Valparaiso to Santiago (airport) ? My flight is at 1:45 pm -is it good idea to go to airport directly form Valparaiso ?

Reply to: Valparaiso to Santiago
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Valparaiso