We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Santiago Wineries

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, CA
Hotels near Santiago Wineries

Can anyone please suggest a nice affordable hotel (well under $100) near the major Santiago wineries? We are heading there after Buenos Aires on January 3rd, 2007.

Thank you in advance!

Kristina

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 22
1. Re: Hotels near Santiago Wineries

I don't think there are any hotels near the wineries around Santiago. People usually just drive out to visit them.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
reviews: 7
2. Re: Hotels near Santiago Wineries

The closest winery to Santiago offering a hotel is Santa Rita at Alto Jaheul about 30 kilometres south, http://www.santarita.com/tour6.asp. The other option would be to go to Santa Cruz in the Colchagua Valley, www.hotelsantacruzplaza.cl/1024_768/ingles/. As Dancing Molly says there are lots of wineries accesible for the day.

Richmond, CA
3. Re: Hotels near Santiago Wineries

Thank you both for your responses. I have now checked myself into

Hotel Galeria based on someone's else suggestion from previous postings. I still don't have my bearings about where I am and still somewhat disoriented but I guess the thing to do is to rent a car. Is that easy to do? Also, due to some change iof plans, I will now only be in Santiago for 3 days, and not 5 as I had hoped. Is that enough time? And what are the major sites I should hit?

Thanks again!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 22
4. Re: Hotels near Santiago Wineries

The Galerias is a good hotel in a central downtown location. You can get tours or a car and driver to go to the vineyards as well as renting a car. Which ones do you want to visit? Do you just want to do vineyards?

Richmond, CA
5. Re: Hotels near Santiago Wineries

I've read positive reviews about William Cole, Matetic, Cousina Macul, y Contora (sp?), I'm trying to work from memory here.

Can one just show up or do you have to reserve a tour? I guess it might not be like Sonoma or Napa, where you can just show up and get a tour that day. Is there an area where there is a cluster of good wineries? Which ones do you like best? And did you find that most wineries spoke English?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
6. Re: Hotels near Santiago Wineries

At most wineries you can just show up. You might have to wait a while for the next tour, but there is no need at most places to book ahead. The closest winery tour to Santiago is Concha y Toro, the tour is well organized and the place is beautiful. It is easy to rent a car.

Richmond, CA
7. Re: Hotels near Santiago Wineries

Thanks a bunch! You're awesome!

Oxon Hill, Maryland
reviews: 59
8. Re: Hotels near Santiago Wineries

Cam,

We went to visit a friend today(he is the manager of the Ritz Carlton in Santiago) here in Santiago and he was telling us that Santa Cruz is a must. He seems to think that it's going to be the Napa of Chile in the years to come. As a matter of fact, Samantha Brown of the travel channel was in Chile not to long ago, and that's were they sent her. We may go tomorrow. If so, will let you know our thoughts on it. We did the Conch y Toro about 5 years ago and although the grounds were beatiful, we weren't that impressed. They didn't even offer a wine tasting and there might have been 2 other people there.

Richmond, CA
9. Re: Hotels near Santiago Wineries

Thanks so much for the feed back, I'll have to check that out!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
10. Re: Hotels near Santiago Wineries

The Concha y Toro tour is much changed - you can expect a crowd and wine tasting. The idea of wine tours was new 5 years ago. Santa Cruz would be great but you will need at least 1 day dedicated to the visit.