We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

journey time - Aiport to Valparaiso cruise terminal

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
reviews: 84
journey time - Aiport to Valparaiso cruise terminal

I am arriving at Santiago Airport and need to get a taxi to my cruise ship in Valparaiso. How long does the journey take? I am concerned I may not have left enough time between landing, getting through customs and bag clearance etc. to get to my cruise ship.

6 replies to this topic
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 20
1. Re: journey time - Aiport to Valparaiso cruise terminal

What time do you land and what day of the week? Say it takes you an hour to get through passport control/customs, if you get a taxi right away it is another 1.5-2 hours to get to the cruise port. A lot depends on traffic.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
2. Re: journey time - Aiport to Valparaiso cruise terminal

thank you. we land about midday on a Saturday. my cruise ship leaves at 4pm so really need to be there at about 3pm latest. I think I'd better get an earlier flight.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 20
3. Re: journey time - Aiport to Valparaiso cruise terminal

Yes, I think you do. All sorts of small delays might happen and you don't really have time for them.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
4. Re: journey time - Aiport to Valparaiso cruise terminal

If you are flying across an ocean, you really need to be there the day before. Why risk missing your cruise and ruining the trip?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
5. Re: journey time - Aiport to Valparaiso cruise terminal

I would support the suggestion to give your self an extra day. Flights do get delayed. You could stay either in Santiago or Valparaiso.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
6. Re: journey time - Aiport to Valparaiso cruise terminal

Thank you for your suggestions. Our cruise departs Valparaiso but ends in Buenos Aires. We have bought a return ticket UK to Buenos Aires. We arrive from UK into Buenos Aires the day before the cruise departs. We were going to spend a night in Buenos Aires then head to cruise but think we'll just head to Santiago and have a night there instead.

Reply to: journey time - Aiport to Valparaiso cruise terminal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santiago