We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area for 2 night stopover?

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 13
Which area for 2 night stopover?

We will have 2 nights (half day plus 1 full day) in Santiago in Jun/Jul before flying out early morning. Which area should we book our hotel. Important issues are safe area, walking distance to sights, we like to spend the day exploring, eat lunch in a beautiful park or casual relaxed dining where we can try typical Chilean food in a place with atmosphere. Not interested in fine dining, fast food, burgers or big hotel buffets etc. We have enjoyed staying in the city centre in the historical areas of Madrid, Paris, Rome, Buenos Aires etc as they are full of character. We will not be going to any nightclubs. Would only do 1 museum or art galley. I just don't know what areas to start at and what to avoid. From recommendations on TA I am thinking of Bellas Artes or Lastarria. Can you advise which areas you think would suit?

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 13
11. Re: Which area for 2 night stopover?

Thanks everyone for all the guidance. I have booked the Hotel Orly Apartments.

12. Re: Which area for 2 night stopover?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, December 16, 2013